Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

"In love with the bad boy".

"Bad boys good girl".

"Neighbors with the bad boy".

"The bad boy is my best friend".

I could go on, but that's just wasting my time.

Now, I'm almost positive my examples are actual books on this site. *shrugs* That's none of my business.

I'll just state I'm not poking fun at their books considering i tend to steer clear of all this, I'm making fun of the cliché behind it all.

There are so many things wrong with books like this, but let's start with the fact it's been done a million and one times.

Like, all these bad boys could be freaking related for all we know.

They all like leather for some reason, are bipolar as hell, and fuck anything with a pulse, get into fights a lot, and only knows how to smirk but not smile, wear sunglasses inside.

All of them have daddy issues, or they're in some kind of foster care/adopted.

Everyone at school pretty much worships the ground they walk on, parting like the freaking Red Sea just so they can walk by.

Oh, and, they usually own a motorcycle or one of those Speed Racer cars.

There's like a 85 percent chance that the "bad boy" drinks and smokes, dealing with all the illegal substances. 'Cause you know, they in love with da coco...pebbles.

And, of course the stupid "I'm a nerdy, antisocial nobody who somehow has enough sex appeal to attract the bad boy" plot.

Don't make me laugh.

I don't understand why everybody does this one rubbish plot line.

Maybe it's because they want to live out their fantasies through the characters?

I don't know.

When i think of the word "writer" i think "creativity" right after it. Stealing a persons plot is not creative. Think about it, someone on this site had to have started these "bad boy loves nerd and changes his ways for her" stories.

Every single cliché group-werewolf, jock and nerd, bad boy, etc.- have a lot of similarities when you think about it.

Now, I'm not saying all bad boy books are just a terrible read and a waste of time. I'm pretty sure there are some really wonderful ones out there,  but people can't find those because all they see is this.

The good ones are so overshadowed by these recycled, crappy ones. I actually feel bad. 'Cause, these original authors will stand in the corner with their 1k reads, 5k reads. And, then these knock-offs will be sittin' pretty with their 6m, 8m reads.

Yes, these clichés get more reads, votes, and comments. I'm very aware of that, so i kinda get why people want to follow their lead.

But, It really does get tiring after a while, to be honest.

You may think, oh it's an original, it would stick out if it's thrown in a pile of copies. But, that's not the case, sadly.

Imagine it like this; three bad boy books, all with the same cover, all with the same title. On the outside, there is no real significant difference. But, when you turn the page and read the begining...

Book one-
Hi, my name is Caleb. I'm 6'3 with dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. I'm wearing a white shirt with a leather jacket over it and a tight black pair of skinny jeans.

I grabbed my pack of fags from the night stand, shoving my feet into a beat up pair of black boots.

Checking the clock on my wall, i saw I've missed my first two class periods. But, who gives a fuck? I don't. I'm a bad boy.

Book two-
Hi, my name is Blake. I'm 6'3 with dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. I'm wearing a white shirt with a leather jacket over it and a tight black pair of skinny jeans.

I grabbed my pack of fags from the night stand, shoving my feet into a beat up pair of black boots.

Checking the clock on my wall, i saw I've missed my first two class periods. But, who gives a fuck? I don't. I'm a bad boy.

Book three-
"John," he called, but i kept quiet, staring blankly at the ceiling. My thoughts were elsewhere, scrambled, if you will. "John, these sessions are meant to help you, it won't work if you don't cooperate".

I gave a careless shrug, getting up off the couch, "John," i ignored him again, walking toward the door. "John, get back here," his voice now louder in a warning manner.

But, i didn't care.

No one did.

As mad as it sounds, people actually like alpha rejects the girl, girl runs away, girl comes back, girl plays hard to get, guy gets girl at the end. And, popular jock changes his ways because he's suddenly fallen for the nerd.

I guess they just like reading what they're used to, they don't like things that aren't familiar.

I don't really know, man.

But, just know you're basically reading the same thing over and over again. Except the only difference is in that book their name was Lois and Peter, and in this book, their name is Homer and Marge.

That's really it.

The concept stays the same.

Now, it's really up to you. Would you rather be one of a kind or one of many?

...Dang, i got all Oprah on this chapter. Quick, Uju, get weird!

(._.) (l :) (.-.) (: l) (._.)