Nullius In Verba

".."
He who does not trust enough will not be trusted.

"He who does not trust enough will not be trusted

".."

It took Hayley two weeks to get her emotions back in control. She went through the motions, smiled when she had to, but she wasn't really there. Her mind was elsewhere. It wasn't until Sheila barged in her room one evening, slapping a grimoire on her desk and storming out that Hayley woke up.

It gave her an anchor. Something to stop her moping because she was starting to annoy even herself.

The grimoire surprised Hayley. It was one of the oldest Bennett magic books and Sheila had actually given it to her? Strange.

One evening after classes, Hayley opened the book and started flipping through the pages, to look for something interesting. She must admit, the first few spells were a let down. They were spells Hayley could do even in her sleep, without breaking a sweat.

As she began to turn a page once more, her hand froze and her gaze sharpened on what she was seeing.

With a little smirk, Hayley closed the grimoire, slipped it in her school bag and went back to sleep. She had a lot to do tomorrow.

".."

Back in Finn's clearing, Hayley laid on the grass, her eyes closed.

"It's been awhile, little one." She couldn't see him but Hayley felt the tall vampire take a seat next to her.

"Yeah..." she hummed. "It's been quite a month for me." And though the silence was always comfortable with Finn, Hayley had something on her mind. "Hey ..."

"Hm?"

Her eyes opened now, she turned to the side to look at him, a hand holding her head steady.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

In the past couple of weeks, aside from moping around, Hayley had also reflected on her actions ever since coming to this world.

And full of doubt she was.

Since day 1, Hayley held an unconscious, or very conscious, bias towards the Mikaelson but she didn't really know them. She realized it came from this deep need to feel wanted but what did it mean for her future in this world? For them? Did she really want to know them? Did she want to do more than help their cause? Be more than casual friends who sometimes saw each other in dream-like states?