When an Opportuniy Falls in Your Lap

".."
'Always and Forever' — how fortunate you are to be part of such a bond.

"'Always and Forever' — how fortunate you are to be part of such a bond

".."

Hayley pinched herself hard when she realized her blunder.

"I'm so sorry for your loss," she squeezed Finn's hand tight. She had nearly forgotten that the youngest Mikaelson was Henrik.

The young-in was been so cute in the flashback she'd seen. It was no wonder he was so cherished.

Finn shook his head to indicate he was fine. "He died at the hands of our neighbors. The werewolves," he sighed. "His death hit the family harder than we could have ever imagined. Though not a good person to begin with, Father went mad and pushed Mother to use her dark magic. When she was at the end of her rope, with no help from the only other experienced witch in the village, the only way Mother saw to save her family was to turn us into the first vampires to ever walk this earth."

Hayley shuffled on the coffin, looking for a better seating position before she rested her head against Finn's shoulder. "That's beautiful ... in a way."

A desperate mother, eager to save her children, turning them into immortal beings. Pity Esther Mikaelson was such a hypocrite.

"You could say that, little one," Finn chuckled. "Life was ... challenging after that. But our bond as siblings was tight. Nothing can tear us apart."

Again, the use of the present.

"You never fought?" Hayley asked. Their family life seemed too rosy for vampires.

"Oh, all the time," Finn assured. "But that is just us. We may fight like dogs but we would die for one another."

Hayley's heart clenched. How wonderful a bond like that must be like. To feel so secure, loved and cherished by a person. She herself longed for a very long life but if she had no one to share it with, what was the reason?

Deep inside her heart, she once again thanked Marmee for the older witch showed her pure love. Even if it was very brief.

"I'm envious, warrior," Hayley whispered.

Finn's left hand was in hers so he lifted his right and softly patted her head. "Life is long, little one. You'll find them. Your family."

'I hope so.'

Before Hayley could question the Original further, she was awaken by the shrill sound of her alarm clock.