I Was Feeling Epic

•••
- Take flight, little bird

•••- Take flight, little bird

•••

"How is this even happening?"

After the siblings had reunited, the three of them were seated around a small bonfire. Rebekah was so happy her mindscape was a perpetual calmness as shown by the spring-like weather now in the clearing.

"I believe what links us is you, little one." Finn mused, his hair playing with the ends of Rebekah's blonde locks. "Perhaps you have both our items in close proximity?"

Hayley tilted her head to the side, trying to recall when she'd put them before her eyes lit up, her mouth making an 'o' shape. "That's it!" She slapped her thigh hard. "I have your ring and Rebekah's hairpin in a small jewelry box in my suitcase. I didn't want to lose them on the field."

While Hayley was lost in thoughts over this new discovery. "It's fascinating. So that means as long as your items are together, you both are together." Rebekah's eyes wandered down at Finn's hand, which was gently stroking Hayley's thigh, as if to soothe it after the brunette had hit it hard. A knowing twinkle shone through the blonde's eyes.

"So..." Hayley pretended to look extra long at both siblings. "I'm guessing you know each other?" It'd been a year and neither knew she had been seeing the other in her dreams. She'd planned to keep it secret for a few more months but I guess some secrets she couldn't keep to herself.

Rebekah nodded, holding Finn's hand tight. "Finn's my oldest brother." There was unbearable fondness in that tone.

"Wow," Hayley acted amazed. "I thought meeting you both in these circumstances was a coincidence but I guess not..."

"Indeed." Finn's probing gaze rested on Hayley's face. "You seem to be connected to our family."

Rebekah quickly dispelled the serious turn of the conversation and giddily rushed her brother away. I guess they had centuries to catch up on. Or maybe not. Hayley couldn't figure out that family.

She laid back in the grass, deciding the Mikaelson mysteries could wait for another day.

•••

Hayley was annoyed.

The cheer squad had some free time in McKinley to celebrate their win the night before, which should've put her in a good mood but no, she was miffed. The reason being the clumsy brunette following in the forest behind her.