A Meeting For The Books

".."
Remember when we first met? You said — "Have you drank enough?"

"Remember when we first met? You said — "Have you drank enough?"

".."

Hayley looked down at the dagger in Finn's chest, debating with herself if she should pull it out. She didn't know where she was, if it was her dreams or his, and couldn't predict the consequences of her actions.

Having stared enough, Hayley muttered "Fuck it" and pulled the dagger out in a quick manner.

Not even a second after, a pair of fangs were latched on her throat, the owner moaning as he drank her blood. As if it was the most potent drink he'd ever had.

The only reason Hayley hadn't blasted the man ten feet away was that she unconsciously knew he couldn't really hurt her in this dream of sorts.

After a few healthy sips from him, Hayley rolled her eyes and slipped a hand through his long hair, snapping his head back and away from her throat.

Green clashed with green, the already silent clearing became even more dead as the two stared at each other.

"Have you drank enough?"

Hayley was the first one to speak up, not breaking eye contact.

Something seemed to be happening here, between them, but Hayley didn't want to know. She was with Tyler and would never look at another man that way unless she broke up with the Lockwood first.

The hybrid merely wanted to know what she was doing here, and with an Original at that.

"Your blood .." Finn's voice was slightly hoarse from lack of using it. " .. has the most exhilarating taste." His old English accent was heavy.

Finn straightened up, Hayley's hand falling from his hair before he stood at a proper distance. As if he'd finally cleared his head. He was really tall, at least six foot two so he towered over a barefoot Hayley.

"Thanks ... I guess," Hayley chuckled at the compliment. She then pointed around her. "Not to alarm you, big buy, but I don't know you and I don't know what I'm doing here. Have any clue?"

Hayley knew Finn was a witch when he was still human a thousand years ago. Maybe he had a better explanation than the her mind could muster.

"Excuse my manners, I didn't introduce myself," Finn said as if he wasn't a big, bad Mikaelson. He took her right hand, lifting it to his forehead in greeting. "My name is Finn Mikaelson. Pleased to meet you."