Truce?

".."
Elena or not-Elena, that is the question. Friends? — Oh, of course.

 Friends? — Oh, of course

".."

"Anything new on the outside?"

Hayley had her head on Finn's chest as they lied completely down on the lawn of his clearing.

"Oh, nothing new," Hayley replied. "I'm still kicking ass as cheer captain, Sheila finally lent me one of the Bennett's grimoires and uh ... A five hundred year-old vampire is out to get me."

There was a stunned second of silence before Finn gently pushed her head up so he could look into her eyes. He liked to do that a lot. The eyes were the windows of the soul and he wanted to see if the person he was coming to care for greatly was telling him the truth.

"I beg your pardon?" He asked, a small frown marring his forehead. "Who wants to kill you? And why?"

"Don't worry about it," Hayley assured. "I can take care of myself." She tried to change the subject. "Hey, remember that life story of yours? I would actually like to hear more of that."

Finn, however, wasn't budging on this one. "Who?" His voice lined with a hint of authority.

"Ugh," Hayley groaned, knowing she wouldn't shake the vampire when he got like this. "Katherine Pierce. That's her name now but she used to be called Katerina Petrova."

Finn arched a finely shaped brow. "Petrova?"

The hybrid nodded. "Something happened five hundred and some years ago and she was turned into a vampire," she explained. "I would've never crossed paths with her if she did not awfully resemble one of my acquaintances in Mystic Falls."

She didn't want to give the mantle of friend to Elena. Call her petty but the doppelgänger and her still couldn't see eye to eye, even when they had agreed to remain civil.

Finn leaned forward, fully invested in her words. Exactly the reaction Hayley was looking for. She wanted to tell him of his siblings' whereabouts or even of meeting Rebekah but she could not do that unless he talked about them first. Otherwise he'd become very suspicious of her and she didn't want that. She was starting to get attached to this dream warrior of hers.

"That resemblance," he mused. "Could it make them look like twins?"

Hayley nodded. "Identical," she affirmed. "How did you know?"

"I knew of a girl like that," Finn didn't hesitate in telling Hayley of his past anymore. "Tatia was her name. She charmed two of my brothers, Elijah and Niklaus,  a long, long time ago. So much so that they were fascinated when they met her exact replica five hundred years later," he explained. "That's when they learned of the notion of doppelgängers and how they could be beneficial to Niklaus."