Forever Is a Spell Away

".."
Tell me, what do you desire most?

"Tell me, what do you desire most?

".."

"Come on girls, let's do it from the top!" Hayley raised her voice, rhythmically clapping her hands at the cheer squad. "And 5,6,7,8!"

Since the regionals were right around the corner, rehearsals had been quite intense these past few weeks. Luckily, today was the last day where the girls would be going this hard.

"Seems good to me," Caroline said beside Hayley as the pair watched the girls execute the routine. Their goal was to achieve top3 and the girls were doing their best.

"Everyone is working hard," the brunette nodded. One thing Hayley liked about the sport was that they were all in this together. The cheer squad didn't skimp on honing their talents, even if they were just a high school team. "We'll win this."

".."

"Are we still on for lunch?" Caroline asked when practice was over.

Ever since Hayley and Elena had become closer, the most excited of the bunch had been Bonnie and Caroline. And this lunch dated had been in the plans for forever.

"Of course," Hayley affirmed, the smile in her voice hiding the blank look in her eyes. If not for the fact that the end prize was so important, she wouldn't be caught dead willingly interacting with the doppelgänger.

The hate boner might seem excessive to some, but you truly had to be in the same vicinity as Elena Gilbert to realize just how self-centered the girl was. So why would Hayley turn the other cheek to be slapped like all the others did?

"I'll see you there, then!" Caroline waved at Hayley before she wandered off.  Hayley shook her head at her friend's excited back. Caroline was always complaining about Hayley being busy but the blonde ran around even more than her.

Clad in her practice gear, Hayley climbed into her car, planning to shower at home before she joined the other girls. She was putting the car in drive when her phone went off. Glancing at the screen, the name made her frown.

"Slater?" Hayley answered, slightly bewildered as they didn't have a meeting anytime soon.

"Hi, beautiful," Slater called from the other side. "Do you want the good or bad news first?"

Arching a brow, Hayley stopped her car's ignition before she leaned back on the seat. "What are you talking about?"

"Good or bad news, honey, choose!"

"Slater, you know I can wring your neck from a distance, right?"

"Ugh, not fun." She could practically see a pout on the man's face. "Fine! You know that thing you told me to look into?"