Chapter thirty nine

Sora was busy with paper works when her secretary walked in her office.

"Lady Sora."

"Just put the documents on my table, Lana." Sagot niya dito ng hindi nag-aangat ng tingin mula sa laptop.

"Actually, Lady Sora..."

Kunot noong nag-angat siya ng tingin. She was kind of taken aback when she saw not only her secretary but also Elle standing in front of her.

Binitawan niya sa mesa ang hawak na ballpen. "You can leave us, Lana. Thank you."

Ng makaalis ang sekretarya niya ay muli niyang tinitigan ang bisita.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She didn't snap but her voice was laced with civility. Just like how she would talk to a complete stranger.

"I know you're mad at me." Umpisa nito bago naglakad palapit sa mesa niya. "I came here to tell you how sorry I am about what happened at the wedding and I'm also here to clarify some things."

Her frown deepened. "Things like what?"

Huminga ito ng malalim.

"James has nothing to do with what I told you. He's not having an affair with Penelope. She's pregnant."

Natigilan siya. Napansin naman nito ang reaksyon niya kaya mabilis itong nagsalita.

"James is not the father. I'm telling the truth here. Walang kahit na anong nangyari sa kanila ni Pen. My retainer, Everest, is actually the father."

Nakahinga siya ng maluwag pero hindi na niya iyon ipinahalata dito.

"I'm not asking." Turan niya habang inaayos ang mga papel sa kanyang mesa. Nagulat siya ng pag-angat niya ng tingin ay nasa tabi na niya si Elle at nakangisi sa kanya. "What?" She asked dubiously.

"I want to make it up to you." Elle said, grinning.

Mas lalo siyang napakunot noo. Elle rolled her eyes at her.

"You have nothing to doubt, Sora. I'm not up to anything evil." She chuckled. "Truth is, we are preparing for Derrick and Cece's wedding. It's going to be Cece's bridal shower tonight and we want you to join us."

Napangiti siya. "So they are engaged huh? That's wonderful."

This time, si Elle naman ang napakunot noo. "Derrick was your fiancè, right?"

"Yeah. He begged me to set him free because he's in love with Cece."

"Derrick? My stone cold cousin begged you. Are you sure we are referring to the same man here?" Ang napapantastikuhang tanong ni Elle sa kanya.

Sora laughed.

"You can't imagine it too, can you?" She shrugged. "I guess it's really true when they say you can do even the most ridiculous things in the name of love."

Elle laughed. "I like how you think."

Nabigla siya doon.

Elle frowned. "What?"

She shook her head. "Nothing... just that... James also said the same thing to me."

Elle's eyes twinkled. "Really..."

Isinarado niya ang laptop at inayos ang bag. "Yep." She answered before getting off her chair. "Now, where to?"

"At James' club."

Natigilan siya. "Does he know about this?"

"No."

"He's not going to like it then."