Chapter seven

She was introduced to the society as Li Zhang, the Chairman of the Zhang Conglomerates granddaughter on her twenty first birthday.

Her grandfather threw her the grandest party she had ever seen and experience in her entire life. Elites from the different parts of China and other few Asian Countries came to her party just to see the one and only granddaughter of the most famous and most poweful business tycoon in China.

Malalim siyang napabuntong hininga habang iginagala ang paningin sa paligid. Her grandfather had closed the most prestigious and most luxurious hotel in China just for this party. Hindi ito nahirapang gawin iyon dahil napag-alaman niyang major stockholder ng hotel chain na ito ang kanyang lolo.

She let out a shaky breath. Sinong mag-aakalang ang hotel na nilalagpasan niya lang dati at wala sa hinagap na matutuntunton niya ay magiging pag-aari niya sa loob ng isang gabi?

She wore one of the most expensive coutoure brands in the world. Walang kapareho ang design ng kanyang gown. There is only one of it at iyon ay ang suot suot niya. Her grandfather made sure of that. Hindi biro ang halagang binayaran nito para lang walang maging katulad ang kanyang gown ngayong gabi.

Sobra sobra na ang paninibago niya sa mga naunang buwan na nararanasan niya ang karangyaan ng pamilya Zhang. Pero ang maramdaman ang karangyaang iyon habang nakapaligid sa kanya ang mga kilala at matataas na tao sa alta sociedad...?

Boy this is more terrifying than what she had imagined. Tila siya nalulunod sa atensiyong binibigay ng lahat sa kanya to the point na para na siyang nasasakal. It's suffocating!

"Chairman Zhang, good evening!"

Napalingon sila ng kanyang lolo sa matandang lalaking lumapit sa kanila.

"President Choi! I'm glad you could attend!" Bati ng kanyang lolo.

The man smiled at her grandfather and then at her. "I wouldn't miss this for the world. It's been so long since we last saw each other, Chairman Zhang."

"Indeed. I see you've brought your son with you?"

Lumipat ang tingin niya sa lalaking nasa likod ni President Choi. He looks five... six years older than her. He is not that handsome but he looks neat and responsible.

President Choi clapped the man's shoulder. "This is my son and my successor, Choi Sung-ho."

His son stepped forward and bowed to her grandfather while shaking his hand. Sunod itong tumingin sa kanya. He bowed to her which she returned with a curt nod.

"Happy birthday, Lady Sora. It is a pleasure to finally meet the Zhang's one and only gem."

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Choi."

"It's been so long since the last time I've seen you. You grew into a fine young man." Puri ng kanyang lolo sa lalaki.

"Thank you, Chairman Zhang. I still have a lot to learn from my father."

President Choi laughed. "He makes me proud. He will start taking over the company next year after he finishes his masters."

Her grandfather nodded. "Running a business is a countinuos learning. That is what I always tell my granddaughter and she never disappoints. She's a straight A student and I bet my billions she will graduate with flying colors next year."

Napangiwi siya sa loob loob niya. Talks about immense pressure! Ni hindi nga niya naramdaman ang ganitong pressure sa mga magulang niya!

"I see that the apple never falls far from the tree." Said President Choi.