Chapter twenty one

Pagpasok niya ng sasakyan, isang malaking lalaki ang nakita niyang nakaupo sa driver's seat. The man bowed his head at her as soon as he saw her. She answered him with a curt nod.

Umupo ang fiancè niya sa tabi niya habang ang kaibigan naman nito ay sa passenger seat pumwesto.

Sora hugged her arms around her torso. The cold is slowly seeping into her skin. All because this man dragged her here in the middle of the night with nothing but her slipwear on! Napaka-insensitive talaga!

She glared at him to let him know just how mad she is right now!

"Are you trying to kill me with those dagger like stares, Ms. Zhang?" Wika nito bago ibinaling ang atensyon sa kanya.

"Oh how I wish it could." She gritted out.

James chuckled sardonically. "After manipulating me, now you wish me dead. Hm... tell me, Ms. Zhang. Should I start watching my back from now on?"

"What manipulation are you talking about?"

Pero hindi ito sumagot.

She wanted to yell at him but his pissed off mood prevented her from doing so. Only god knows what he might do if she angers him more than he already is...

"Where are you even taking me?" Sa halip ay kalmadong tanong na lamang niya dito.

"You'll see."

"Tell me!" She snapped.

"Now where would be the fun in that?" Mapanganib nitong ngisi.

Hindi niya mapigilang mapalunok sa klase ng tingin na iginawad nito sa kanya. There is just something deeply unsettling with that look...

She threw him one last glare before she looked outside the window. Itinaas niya ang mga paa sa upuan at saka kumipkip. The cold is too much. Her teeth are already chattering. She closed her eyes and decided to just sleep it off.

Percy sighed as he watched the woman's crouched form at the back seat, shivering from the cold. He glared at James from the rearview mirror. He didn't stop glaring until James took notice.

"Oh, for the love of God, what?!"

Percy pointed at his coat then at the sleeping woman at the backseat.

James on the other hand, just threw him an 'I don't give a fuck' look before looking away.

Percy shook his head in disappointment. He took off his coat and removed his seatbelt. He leaned inside the back seat and covered the shivering woman with his coat.

He stilled when he noticed James' deadly glare on him.

"What?"

"Custos, did I tell you to bloody slow down?"

"Sorry boss."

When Custos sped up, James then glared again at Percy.

"And you, did I tell you to take your fucking seat belt off?"

"I was just—"

"You are in a moving car!" James interrupted.

Percy's brow went up when he heard him say that. "Why thank you for the heartfelt concern, James. But I'm rather stupefied! I didn't know you care about my well being that much!"

"Well if you don't have any problem with a broken neck, then please, go on, be my guest. Just don't ask Custos to slow down. Arriving at our destination on time is far more important than giving an undeserving girl some warmth!"