Chapter twenty six

Please vote and comment on the parts that catched your attention. I'd like to hear your thoughts about these two. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Thanks!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Do I have your bloody attention, James?"

James looked at his grandfather who looks like he's already at his wits end.

"Yes, of course."

"Then will you stop glancing at the bloody door and listen to me? I have been talking here for minutes and you looked like you didn't even get a single word I said."

"I'm listening." He grumbled.

His grandfather sighed before resuming his lecture.

"I do not agree with your decision this past few days."

James scoffed.

"Why am I not surprised? You never agree to my decisions." He said sarcastically.

"Well you haven't given me any reason to agree with you. Marrying your fiancè in that despicable place? Really, James? Is that how I raised you? She's a lady! No matter how angry you are with me, she did not deserve to be treated like that!"

James clenched his fists.

"And what? Marry her in the family church and give the world a grand farce of a wedding? We will both be lying when we say our vows, grandfather so what's the bloody point?!"

"And so you married her in that wretched place? Was that your way of taking revenge on me?"

James looked at his grandfather with all the resentment and bitterness that he could muster.

"It felt good not giving in to what you want for once." He gritted out.

His grandfather stilled. A few seconds passed before he let out a defeated sigh. He then looked at him like doesn't know what to do with him anymore.

And James hated it. The look of disappointement on his face... the look of sadness...

"I'll come over again once you think this through." His grandfather said calmly. "Just don't hurt her James. Please." He said before he finally went out of the drawing room.

Pasalampak na umupo si James sa sofa. Inihilamos niya ang palad sa mukha. Pakiramdam niya, may kung anong mabigat ang nakadagan sa dibdib niya. He knew this feeling very well but he doesn't want to recognize it. Because recognizing it will only show that he was wrong and his grandfather was right.

Marahas siyang tumayo at saka tinungo ang hagdan. Dire-diretso siyang naglakad hanggang sa makarating siya sa kwartong pakay. Gaya kanina, hindi na siya nag-abalang kumatok at basta na lang binuksan ang pinto.

He walked inside the dim room but abruptly stopped when a thought entered his head. He quickly opened the light switch and immediately looked around, checking for any surprise attack from his angry wife.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw no danger around him.

His eyes settled on his wife laying on the bed. Nilapitan niya ang kama. Nakapamaywang na pinagmasdan niya ang asawa. He smirked when he noticed her eyelids shook.

"Come on bambina, I know you're not asleep."

His stubborn wife didn't even budge. He sighed.

"So I take it you want me to kiss you awake like a prince to his princess? I'm not exactly princely material but... very well."