Chapter twenty three

The Libertine Club is one of the most famous gentlemen's club in London. It has a three storey estate-like design. The interiors are dominated by the color brown and black and some of the vintage colors claret and crimson. He haven't changed the interior of the house because he quite prefer how the previous owner designed it. It gives away this homey yet private vibe which drawn him the first time he visited this place.

He originally named it Back o Beyond Club like the one he owned in Leeds which is now being operated by Omen. But he changed the name to avoid his enemies putting connections to this club from the one he have in Leeds.

The Libertine Club has many things to offer. There's the bar, gaming rooms, drawing rooms, dining room, library and of course his favorite— his private gambling room where his most prominent members, who are the elites of the elites, often frequented.

Aside from his club being a place of fun and liberty, it has also became a venue for business prospects. That is why everyone within the circle are dying to have a membership. But of course, not everyone is a given a pass. He have his most meticulous manager, Ada, to make sure of that.

He took one glass of scotch from the roaming serving girl that he passed on his way to the bar. He immediately spotted Ada giving instructions to the staff. He smiled as he made his way towards her.

"I see you're rather busy tonight?"

Ada immediately dismissed the staff before facing James.

"I'm always busy, James." Ada answered with visible displeasure etched on her face.

James tilted his head to the side. "Have I done something wrong?"

"No."

He chuckled wryly. "I beg to differ. You reek of ire, Ada."

Ada released an exasperated sigh. "You got a new piercing. I haven't seen that 'jewelry' before."

James was taken aback. He clucked his tongue when he figured out where this conversation is leading to.

"Did Custos tell you?"

Hands on her hips, Ada stared at James. "You know those two boys can never hide anything from me, James."

"You know when you talk like that, it's as if those two giants are your children and not some two grown up men." James grumbled as he took a sip on his glass.

"You know I treat them like my little brothers."

His brow shot up at that. "You are just a couple of years older than them, Ada."

Ada looked at him pointedly. "Enough straying away from the topic, James. How could you not tell me you got..." Ada looked around to make sure no one was listening into their conversation before looking sternly at James again. "... married." She hissed in a low voice. "I thought we are friends."

"And we are friends Ada. You are one of my closest."

"Then why did Custos get to be your witness and I was not?"

James sighed. "It was a... spur of the moment thing."

Ada scoffed. "Spur of the moment and marriage doesn't go in one sentence when it comes to you, James. Hell, marriage is not even one of your strong suits."