Chapter twenty two

Napamulat si Sora ng marahas na hawakan ni James ang kamay nito at hinila paakyat ng pangalawang palapag ng pub. Gulat na gulat na napatianod na lang ang dalaga hanggang sa tumigil sila sa isang pinto.

James didn't even knock. Basta binuksan lang nito iyon at tuloy tuloy na pumasok. Isang lalaking nakaupo sa likod ng isang mahogany desk ang naabutan nila sa loob.

"Omen."

Nag-angat ng tingin ang lalaking tinawag nitong Omen. He looked like he's James' and Percy's age. He's also tall, rugged and has tattooes on both arms. Ibinaba nito sa mesa ang hawak na ledger.

"Hunter." The man said while looking at James.

She frowned. Why did he call James... Hunter?

"I gather you have the documents I asked?"

Omen sighed. Tinungo nito ang drawer at saka inilabas mula doon ang isang folder. "I almost lost my wits when you asked me these documents but..." Ipinatong nito sa mesa ang folder. "Here they are."

"Great. Now I want you to do the deed."

"The deed?"

"You know, the shackling? The lifetime torture?"

"You mean you want me to perform your marriage ceremony?" Omen asked with so much incredulity. "You know I'm not authorized to perform a civil wedding, Hunter."

James scoffed. "You're a lawyer. You have your connections here in Leeds. It wouldn't be that hard to register the bloody documents, would it?"

"It's not that easy." Mariing turan ni Omen.

"Just make it work! You owe me this much."

Omen released an exasperated sigh. "Fine. But are you really going to get married? I mean here? In a bloody pub?"

"Yes! How many times more should I make myself clear?"

Omen was lost for words. When Hunter asked him for the marriage documents last night, he seriously thought he had lost his damn mind! Who wouldn't think that? He had known him since their teenage years. And those years of friendship, he had never seen him have a tiniest bit of interest in marriage. He is simply not the marrying kind and now this!

The world must have come to a bloody end!

Omen looked at the girl standing quietly beside his friend. She looks like someone who doesn't belong in a place like this. With fair skin and soft features that are very lady-like. He must admit, she is indeed Hunter's taste. But hell! She doesn't look like someone who should be marrying in a place like this! He bet his life Hunter is the one forcing this woman to marry in haste. Her shock-stricken face is telling him so!

Poor girl...

"Hunter, I know she is clearly your cup of tea. And that must be why you want to marry her in such a haste but... you might want to reconsider, mate."

James scoffed. "Well I am very much open for reconsideration, Omen. But you might want to redirect your question at my fiancè here. Clearly, you're barking at the wrong tree." Wika nito na ikinagulat ni Omen.