Chapter 39

Chapter Thirty Nine

Liam's P.O.V

I was in the middle of telling Louis a story.

During our set of Live While We're Young, an old lady beside the judges table caught my eye. A sweet, elderly woman with wisps of snow white hair was delicately fist pumping to our song - her eyes alight with excitement as her grand daughter hung her head in embarrassment.

I thought it was insanely cute, how our music could affect all age groups - I waved at the lady and she blew me a kiss, to which I pretended to catch while she clapped her hands happily. Little things like that make me happy, and I wanted Louis to appreciate the story.

Which of course he didn't, or wouldn't.

We were in our dressing room, and he was staring down at the plastic bird in his hands, leaning against the wall - his brow furrowed in concentration. I paused and checked my wrist for the time, noting that we'd have to leave soon, although Nialler may or may not have his date tonight.

" You're not listening to me are you "

He glanced up and smiled apologetically, before replying a " Of course I am ! " defiantly. 

I nodded, uhuh - sure he was.

" I'd just kill for a cup of tea right now " he muttered, looking distracted.

I wouldn't mind one either come to think of it. 

I was about to reply when the door flew open - making anything but little noise, I cringed at the sound and watched as Harry stormed in looking murderous. He ignored me and went straight up to Louis, pointing a shaky finger to his chest as he prodded him angrily.

" You " he whispered through clenched teeth.

I cocked my head to the side and watched as Lou glanced over Harry's shoulder to me, I didn't do anything except shoot him a sympathetic smile. I don't know what he expected - he had been interfering with Harry's love life for quite a bit. Though I do understand it's because he just wants him to be happy, like he was with Eleanor - a fairytale relationship.

" Why ? " Harry dropped his hand but kept on staring, looking defeated.

Lou stared down at Kevin, who had fallen onto the floor when Harry had backed him up against the wall - probably trying to figure out what to say. I wanted him to answer the question sensibly, say sorry - give him a hug and move on. 

But this is Louis we're talking about. He pushed Harry backwards and bent down to pick up Kevin, while replying in a low tone. " Because someone needed to do it "

I frowned at him, but he took no notice.

" And I was that person, I was going to tell him ! " 

Harry was staring at his friend with a mixture of emotions in his eyes, none of them recognizable. I sat there quietly just watching them, I felt like I should leave - but moving about would catch their attention and they'd stop whatever this was, but they needed to do this.

" But you didn't Harry, that's the bloody point "

" I was going to- "

" But you didnt " Louis snapped, turning around to glare at him.

I felt like a intruder, but I couldn't even blink.

" You didn't, okay ? So don't give me your bullshit I don't need you blaming something on me when you're the one causing the problems " he continued, a word away from flinging the bird at Harry's face.

" It's not bullshit Lou ! I just talked to Niall in the bathroom about it - how is that not me taking my problems into my own hands ? " 

I rolled my eyes as Harry lifted his hands to do imaginary quotation marks to emphasize on his, ' problems '.

Louis just stared at him blankly, " You wouldn't have this problem if you weren't such a git with Hailey, you knew Niall liked her why couldn't you just leave her alone ? "

It was quiet for a moment before he spoke and I thought he'd decide to be the sensible one, I thought he'd know to calm down and just let Louis speak - let him say what he needs to say so they could talk it out. I thought wrong.

" Is this even about Hailey or is this about you Lou ? " Harry's eyes flashed darkly and he smirked as his bestfriends face fell.

I opened my mouth to stop him from continuing but he spoke quickly, " - or is this about me and you ? us ? maybe the one sided rumors are true ? " 

I stood up, grasping Harry's shoulder. " Enough "

I couldn't believe he'd bring that up, Larry Stylinson.

He shrugged me off, " Don't worry, I was just leaving "

He walked out and I awkwardly faced Louis, who was staring at the empty doorway with a expression of disbelief. " Asshole " he muttered under his breath, he didn't meet my eyes as he looked away to the couch, picking up his bag and shoving Kevin inside - " I'll see you at home Liam, i'm quite tired "

I nodded, watching as my two bestfriends walked out the door.

Hailey's P.O.V

I smiled at Niall, and he returned it with a cheesy grin.

We were sitting on the lone white leather sofa in the empty room, cross legged facing eachother. Don't ask me how this happened because I have no idea, I just finished telling him about my 'Parent Trap' childhood. He was curious to know how that worked, and as hard as I thought it would be telling him, it actually quite wasn't.

He chuckled, his blue green eyes staring right through me. I frowned as my phone buzzed against my jeans but I ignored it, " So are you excited for your Nemi date leprechaun ? "

He lifted his hand and tilted his palm back on forth, " Sorta "

" Sorta ? "

" Yep, sorta " 

I nodded, " Are you excited for your date with Harry ? " 

I cringed and he continued with a sheepish smile, " Sorry I don't know your ship name, Harey ? Hairey ? HAIRY ? " he laughed heartily for a bit but stopped when he noticed me staring at him with a look of bemusement.

" Sorry " he mumbled, smiling slightly. " - well ? "

" Sorta ? " I replied with a raised brow.

He shook his head, " You can't say sorta " 

" You said sorta ? "

" What am I not allowed ? " he replied cheekily.

" You just said " I answered, fighting a smile.

" It's because i'm Irish isn't it ? "

That was it - I laughed and he flashed me a bracey grin. I'd say I ' giggled ' but then I'd be disgusted with myself, I don't giggle. My phone buzzed again and I fished it out of my pocket, reading the text from Kiara with a slight frown.

I stood up, clumsily - nearly falling onto him as I untangled my legs. " Sorry, Kiara's looking for me - she's stuck with Drew "

" Who ? "

" One of the lad's from Emblem 3 " he nodded and then he jumped up aswell, looking disappointed.

I brushed it off, why would he be ? 

" I was meant to be doing something myself, but I forgot " 

He scratched his head then his eyes widened, " - oh "

" What ? " I questioned, as I ran my fingers through my hair.

He squirmed abit and shook his head doubtfully, " Harry " he paused - as if unsure whether to continue, before walking to the door. " I guess I should go check on the boys "

I watched him thoughtfully, as he purposely didn't look me in the eyes.

" See you later ? "

" Later " he replied with a smile.

He swung open the door and nearly walked right into the person who was about to knock, " Harry said you might be in here, I caught him on the way out - ready to go ? " 

She looked over a shocked Niall's shoulder and gave me what would seem like a friendly stare but I swore was more of a 'what- are- you- doing- alone- in- a- room- with- him' kind of look. 

He glanced back at me before nervously stuttering a yes, shooting me a small wave before cautiously walking out the door. Demi gave me another friendly stare before leading him away.

I slumped back down on the chair and frowned.

Well that was - unexpected.

Kiara's P.O.V

Meh.

Drew was a lovely lad but my crush ship has sailed. There will be no boy that is partially famous or otherwise that will get me tripping like Zayn Malik, although - I really should reconsider that. Drew smiled at me as I shook my head to his story, laughing at how silly it was.

Calafornians.

I was just about to ask him how it was possible to fall off a skateboard infront of a massive crowd when you're supposedly a professional at it because you've been doing it half your life when someone tapped my shoulder, I turned around and felt my heart drop.

Zayn.

" Do you mind ? " he murmured under his breath, his eyes unfocused as he stared at Drew - his hair dishevelled and his expression blank.

The Emblem 3 boy merely just shrugged, giving me a last smile before turning around to look for his friends. I awkwardly met Zayn's gaze and I sighed, he came. He followed me, well.. not really but it's sort of like that - I mean he's here isn't he ? 

Which, only meant one thing.

" What happened ? " I half whispered, scared to know the answer.

" She lied to me " he replied, staring into my eyes.

I couldn't look away. 

" I stood outside that window watching her while she lied to me, she even had the .. " he paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. " - she even told me she loved me " 

I lied to him.

" But sh- "

" She told me she loved me when she was with him "

Am I just as bad as she is ?

" But mayb- "

I was trying to change his mind, sometimes lying can be for the other persons best interests, right ?

" I could've believed that they were just friends if she didn't lie, but she did. She could've just told me where she was, but she didn't. I'm starting to question everything about our relationship, how long has she been lying to me ? " 

I sighed, dropping my gaze. " - I don't know "

I felt a finger tilt my chin up and I was forced to look into his mysterious eyes once again. I gulped inaudibly and struggled to maintain my breathing as his eyes flickered to my lips then back to my eyes. He leant in a bit until I could see the little gold flecks in his irises and whispered, " Are you sure ? "

I shook my head, I wasn't even sure what my name was.

He smirked and I noticed how his dimple showed with the slightest movement of his jaw that was perfected by the Gods. Okay, seriously Kiara stop reading those fan fictions this is so terrible. I smiled to myself and he possibly took this as encouragement because he moved an inch closer.

Now, at this point I didn't even know how I was holding myself up. My legs felt like jelloid and my heart was accelerating so fast i'd give the road runner a run for his money. I clenched my eyes shut, silently wondering if this was a really bad dream or a beautiful fantasy. 

Unfortunately, it was neither.

I felt his lips brush onto mine lightly and before I could say ' sparks ' I was pushing him away with as much force as my jelly hands could make me, which wasn't much. But I was better than that, I wasn't going to let him use me to make him feel better about himself.