Chapter 10

Chapter Ten ✔

Niall's P.O.V

Laughing, I egged on the already annoyed Zayn Malik.

He flipped the bird at me in a sneaky way behind the sofa and my eyes widened as I looked around in shock to see if anyone had noticed, they hadn't so I continued to laugh and make faces at the disgruntled boy.

I was trying so hard to act the same, but under the straining circumstances I could feel myself giving in to the pressure.

My eyes darted to the girl standing beside Liam, I was right- she was gorgeous up close, and she obviously didn’t think so because of the dead give away, which was her looking down at the ground, not meeting any of our eyes.

I tried to look away but it was hard, I watched her until Liam began pairing us off.

He started with Harry, pairing him with the girl beside him who had been trying not to drool all over herself pining after him hungrily; poor lad, I thought- grinning unable to help myself as I saw his exasperated expression.

Next, he paired Louis with the girls friend- who was stunning in the looks department, is any girl here tonight not? I found myself wondering.

I scanned the room in disbelief then back to the friend, her face fell as she heard Liam’s choice and eyed Zayn but she smiled happily anyway as Louis grabbed her hand and began to twirl her around playfully.

Zayn got paired with a cute blonde girl, who couldn't believe it when she heard Liam because she squealed excitedly and Zayn’s eyes twitched slightly, he doesn't really like loud girls.

I slowly shook my head shooting him a consoling look - he squinted his eyes at me menacingly I grinned.

Liam waved his hand dismissively at Zayn who still hadn't moved, he muttered a threat that sounded like ‘I'll get the spoon on you Liam, I swear I will’ under his breath and stalked off in the opposite direction of Harry and Louis.

Liam laughed it off, though I noticed he looked anxious.

“Well I guess it's just the four of us then?” he said casually, the two girls looked at him and nodded.

He added,  “Alright well lets get to it”, and started walking away.

The girl followed him because the remaining girl had latched herself onto my arm.
Damn! I looked down at the smiling girl, sighing.

This is going to be a long performance.

Hailey's P.O.V

I got paired with the Daddy Directioner, I actually felt slightly relieved.

If I had been paired with Zayn - imagine Kiara's expression, her reaction. She would’ve murdered me. A muffled voice penetrated my thoughts, dazed I looked up to see him staring down at me.

“I'm sorry I didn't get your name?” he repeated, a soft smile on his lips.

“That’s because I didn’t tell you” I replied, smiling teasingly.

He tutted, and I grinned. “-umm, Hailey. And yours is?” That was stupid I already know his name, but I stared up at him expectantly anyway.

“Pretty name, mines Liam ... Liam Payne?” he grinned but raised a questioning eyebrow.

“Oh yes, I knew that already - sorry?” I bit my lip in embarrassment, looking away.

I saw Kiara being twirled about by the cute boy who likes to cause trouble, she was laughing.  Harry Styles was trying to peel the minger girl off of him and was looking like he was trying not to have a massive fit, aw poor kid - I smiled and looked back to Liam, he had his hand out and was waiting for me to grab it, I did.

“You seem unfazed by all of this” he stated, as he tried - unsuccessfully to twirl me around gracefully, he gave up and gestured to the fans who were still screaming as if to prove his point. I nodded grimly, but It was hard not to notice.

“Well, looks can be deceiving; and I'm a terrible dancer so don’t worry, it’s not your fault” I crossed my hands and looked about stubbornly, everybody else made it look so easy.

Such a klutz.

“I suppose, and ah I can't disagree on the last one” he smiled playfully, I resisted the urge to hit him - I hardly know the guy, but he looked like he would make an awesome friend. His sarcasm reminded me oddly of my brother, I tried not to smile.