Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty Four ✔ 

Tate's P.O.V

It had been three weeks, three excruciating weeks.

That's more than twenty days since I’ve last heard anything about Perrie, and I normally wouldn't care- but for some reason this girl had me constantly thinking about her. Little things, like whether she was alright, if her relationship was alright, if she was doing okay- anything concerning her really.

My only consolation was the fact that if they had broken up, with the way news like that travels among fans- mainly those of One Direction, surely Kiara would have heard and mentioned it to me or Hailey by now. That was of course, if she was speaking to me.

I still wasn't sure why, I guess she said she just didn't care and I wasn't one to prompt something that wasn’t encouraged. Who was I kidding, I was as sure about my feelings towards her as Harry was about his sexuality. You think long and hard about the way you're going to perceive that.

“I really don't know why she's with him” she was saying in annoyance.

I sighed loudly, of course im stuck here watching some lame teen thriller vampire show. Kiara scoffed, “What? No way! Delena is the way of life” she said back sassily, throwing a marshmallow at Hailey who dodged it with an eye roll.

I shifted on the couch, pulling the cushion under my head and letting my feet dangle off the sides as I decided to participate in their conversation. “I don't know who Stelena or Delena is, but why isn't he sparkling like he's meant to when he's in the sun?” I asked, dismissively as I stared at the t.v screen in confusion as the two main male characters strolled towards a car under the bright sun as casually as a human would.

If he didn't sparkle, where did all those fairy jokes come from.

“Did you just.. I.. this.. sparkle.. what..” Kiara stuttered, her eyes livid.

Hailey threw her popcorn at me and booed, “Never compare Twilight to The Vampire Diaries you idiot” I picked at the popcorn on my chest, eating it. “-and Stefan doesn’t sparkle” she added.

I nodded, fairly curious. “So then why isn't he burning up like how vampires are meant to?” I asked, earning a glare from Kiara. She chose to reply, “First of all, don't even try to understand the show if you compared it to Twilight” she huffed, annoyed.

It was an easy mistake, and I didn’t what the big deal was- but I didn't say anything. That simple (yet totally unnecessary) statement was the longest she’s spoken or looked at me in days. I shrugged nonchalantly acting like I didn’t really that she had finally talked to me.

“-but if you must know” she began saying. “-the brothers have these rings that makes them day walkers and then they can roam about and save Elena because she's always getting into some type of shi-”

I stopped her, “Don't tell me, the witch did it for them and they kill werewolves” 

She stared at me, then begrudgingly nodded. 

“Sometimes”

I couldn't help but grin. I turned my head to see Hailey staring at us with a confused expression and I raised my eyebrows expectantly. She looked down at her phone avoiding my gaze while Kiara smiled timidly at me, a genuine smile- then whatever has been bugging her for the past couple weeks returned because it faded and reverted her attention to the t.v.

I sighed, pulling out my phone. I had been putting this off for days, but there was no time like the present so I finally decided to do the one thing I hadn’t been able to. I retyped the text at least five times, finally settling on the simple.

How are you? Im sorry. T’ 

I cringed as the little notification bubble letting me know it had been sent and delivered popped up. A second passed and I wondered if she’d even reply, or if she’d just chose to ignore me. Of course, these thoughts had me regretting it. I glanced over to Kiara to see her staring out the window with a dazed expression on her face. 

I didn't honestly know why I cared so much.

Louis's P.O.V

“That's absolutely insane” Niall breathed, his eyes wide.

He was staring at the picture of the moon men we would receive if we won the awards for the category we were nominated for. I grimaced, did the awards really have to be here already? I've barely got any sleep in, I was exhausted.

“When are we meant to leave?” Zayn mumbled, his eyes darting from the image to our faces. I noted that he looked tired to, his eyes were dark and baggy. Now that I thought of it, we all looked tired- when sleep was at our fingertips due to our break and momentary time of freedom- we lads, took it for granted.

And now our time was nearly up, and it sucked.

“Yesterday” Liam informed us, taking another bite of the sandwich in his hands. I nodded numbly, so tonight then. Harry seemed to be the only one who had been sleeping well, and he glanced over at Niall. “So, you're going to see Demi huh?” he teased, nudging Niall.

Niall grinned in response, looking irritably excited. 

“Yup, can’t freaking wait man. Do you think we'll have a chance to see the girls too?” 

Harry's smile faded, and it dawned on me that Niall still didn't know that he asked Hailey out. At this point, I didn't even know if it mattered- none of us had spoken to them. Well, I hadn't. I did kind of miss them though, they knew how to have a laugh. Liam responded when Harry didn't.

“I told Hailey we'd keep in touch, so yeah probably Niall don't worry” 

He nodded and picked the sandwich out of Liam’s outstretched hands, I just smiled tightly. I shot Harry a look and he stared down glumly before spinning on his feet and walking out, mumbling about packing.

I stood up, “I’ve gotta pack as well” I voiced, before following him.

Liam smiled brightly at my words, “At least someone’s doing what they should be”

Niall ignored him, chewing obnoxiously. I laughed, following Harry out up to the bedroom we had shared. I hadn't unpacked my bags to begin with so I flopped myself down on the bed while Harry pulled his bag out, dropping it beside me as he begun to throw things in.

“Socks, jeans, jeans, jeans, underwear, jeans, shirt, shirt”

I rolled my eyes as the endless stream of clothing went flying in unfolded, I didn't help though. I packed for him last time (and the time before that) and I could tell he was naming the clothing on purpose, to try and irritate me and so I wouldn't strike conversation- but this is me we're talking about.

“So when are you going to tell him, Haz?” 

He groaned, the day he told us he had asked Hailey out I was so mad. I mean, come on- there were millions of girls on this planet that would be perfect for Harry, and Harry would be perfect for. But no, this prick had to choose the one his band mate fancies. I told him to tell Niall at the first chance he could, but apparently Niall was too good in a mood that day because of Demi and he didn't want to let him down.

Pussy.

He sighed, throwing a pair of skinny jeans into the suitcase with a bit more force than anyone would deem necessary. “I don't need to tell him, it's not a big deal” 

I rolled my eyes, “Don’t be stupid, this is Niall we're talking about” I said, half amused at his attempts of brushing it off. “-he cried during a documentary on polar bears” I laughed, regaining my composure. “-be serious for a second, it’s kind of a big deal”

“God Louis” he flung his hands in the air and faced me. I sat up, crossing my arms- waiting for him to get mad at me for being right so I could get mad at him right back for being a complete idiot.

He grunted, turning away. “Fine, I’ll tell him tonight”

“Good” I said, flopping back down.

“I haven't even spoken to Hailey, maybe it's forgotten” he mumbled.

I slowly glanced away from the ceiling, the feeling of the mattress around and under me was making me really sleepy. “Do you want it to be forgotten?”

He looked at me, his eyes pained.

“I don't know what I want Lou, honestly I don’t”

I frowned, maybe I was being too hard on him. I slowly sat up, struggling to get the will to leave the bed- I stood up, wrapping my arms around his shoulders for a hug and he reluctantly buried his head on the side of my neck. I wondered if I should stop being the smart friend and start being the good friend.

I pulled away, grasping the sides of his arms.

“Fuck what you want, do what you need

Hailey's P.O.V

I waved goodbye as Kiara left, she's been home at least every day. 

I didn't mind though, but her parents did- so for their sake I had to put my foot down and send her packing (literally, she had to pack her clothes up). I returned to the sofa, settling down as I stared at Tate who was taking a great deal of effort to not look at me.

He sighed after a few minutes, looking up grumpily. “What?”

I grinned, wagging my finger. “You know what big brother”