Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty One ✔

Liam's P.O.V

“What’s your problem?” Perrie growled, she was staring at Zayn annoyed.

“I don't know what you're talking about, just drop it already” he mumbled.

He had his eyes downcast as he played with the pizza slices on his plate. I had been the only one to overhear since he was beside me, so I shuffled towards Niall, not wanting to eavesdrop.

After we settled in from driving back from the restaurants we were all gathered in the living room, even as there was currently twelve of us; we still managed to be seated quite comfortably though.

We had two large pizza boxes laid out infront of us, drinks and the biggest possible assortment of Nando's food- had to keep Niall in mind, we all resumed to eat in silence.

Despite the atmosphere it was quite comical actually, because everyone’s eyes were darting between each person; but no one ever caught the others attention.

I watched as Harry eyed Hailey, Hailey eyed Tate, Tate eyed Harry, Perrie eyed Kiara, Kiara eyed Niall who was eyeing Harry because he was eyeing Hailey, Louis was undecided - his gaze going back and forth between Tate and Perrie, as if he was creating a plan.

Danielle and Eleanor were thankfully not part of this unspoken battle - distracted by their light conversation, Ed was enjoying his food silently; nodding at something Zayn was saying.

I took a bite out of the yummy pizza I was balancing between my fingers and laughed as Niall grabbed a drumstick from Louis' plate, Louis rolled his eyes and just kept eating; his eyes transfixed on Perrie as a slight smile played along his lips.

I wonder what he's thinking.

“So ... how’s the food?” I tried, picking up another slice.

“I think ...” Niall paused, thinking of the proper response while trying to chew.

“- Nando's gets better every time we eat it” he finished, satisfied with his answer.

I smiled, you can always count on Nialler to manage coherent sentences with his mouth full of chicken. Murmurs of agreement erupted from nine people, that attempt at starting conversation went well. I shrugged, taking another bite of my pizza.

“Meh”

Almost instantly, Niall’s eyes narrowed as he regarded Perrie with an annoyed expression. “-Nando's is icky” she continued, distaste apparent in her voice.

I held back a laugh as the Irish boy went green in rage.

He opened his mouth to reply, holding a half eaten drumstick in his hand as he pointed it at her; ready to cuss her out. Nobody disses his favorite food and gets away with it.

 “If you fuc-“

“So, Tate how long was the drive here?” I intervened hurriedly. Zayn looked at me gratefully and I gave a slight nod, no need to cause drama. Tate seemed uncomfortable with the attention, I would feel guilty – but Niall’s glares at me seemed to numb the emotion. I smiled politely, awaiting his answer.

“Couple hours, not really sure” he glanced up at me as he spoke with a wary expression, he smiled stiffly when our eyes met, he hadn't touched his pizza and clearly he'd rather be anywhere but here.

“You must be tired” I noted absentmindedly, still ignoring Niall. Tate raised his eyebrows and I continued “-because it's getting quite late, even if you left around ten you'd still get yourself and the girls home at around midnight?”

“I can manage” he replied smoothly, then he regarded what I was saying, a yawn escaping as he thought about it. I raised my eyebrows but said nothing.

I noticed Kiara giving someone the death stare and I followed her gaze, Perrie was busy letting her eyes rake over Tate’s body in appreciation, I frowned.