CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CRUNCH

CHAPTER 14 : CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CRUNCH

"You could have eaten the plain chocolate ice cream." Cedric said, running his hands through his hair.

"No! I want Chocolate Peppermint Crunch ice cream." I told him.

"Where will we get your Chocolate Peppermint Crunch ice cream at 4:30 in the morning, Kathleen?" He said, completely irritated.

It was not my fault that I wanted to have an ice cream which was not available. We were walking since the last half an hour in search of my ice cream. We went to a few stores but they didn't have the ice cream I wanted.

"There are some stores and ice cream parlours nearby." I told him.

"I'll get it in the morning before you wake up. I promise." Cedric said, giving me his puppy dog eyes.

"I want to have it now and isn't it already morning." I said. "There is a store." I said and dragged him towards the store.

"How are you so energetic at 4 in the morning?"

"This is the way I am." I told him. We entered the store. There was a guy in the store using his phone. He looked up at us and smiled. Cedric went to him.

"Do you have chocolate ice cream?" Cedric asked the shopkeeper.

"Yes." The guy said.

"No, I don't want to have chocolate ice cream, Cedric." I told Cedric.

"Kathleen, just have the chocolate ice cream. I will get you whatever ice cream you want tomorrow." Doesn't he understand that I didn't want chocolate ice cream. He is so stubborn!

"But I want to have it now, Cedric." I tried my best to be patient and not start fighting with him here.

"Kathleen, they won't have it."

"You didn't even ask, Cedric."

"But Kathleen-"

"I don't care. I want to have Chocolate Peppermint Crunch ice cream."

"Uh sorry to interrupt but we have Chocolate Peppermint Crunch ice cream." The shopkeeper said.

"You do?" Cedric said.

"Yes."

"See, they have it " I told Cedric.

"Thank god. Thank you. " Cedric told the guy. "So please give us one chocolate peppermint crunch ice cream." The guy smiled and went to bring the ice cream for us. He came with the ice cream and handed it over to me.

"Thank you!" I told him with a wide smile. Cedric looked at me with a weird look and said, "I have never seen you so happy." I rolled my eyes. Cedric paid for the ice cream because I didn't have any money at the moment.

"Have a nice day and congratulations." The shopkeeper said. Cedric smiled at him and we got out of the store.

"Congratulations?" I looked at Cedric with a confused look. "Why did he congratulate us?" I asked Cedric. He started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" I said taking a huge bite of the ice cream. "Ah! It's cold."

"Obviously it will be cold, idiot." He said. "And he congratulated us because he thought you are pregnant." Cedric said.

"What? Why would he even think that? Am I looking like I am pregnant, am I looking fat or what?"

"No." He said. "It was because of your midnight, actually early morning cravings."

"What bullshit? So I can just wish to have something when I'm pregnant. Idiots." I said taking another bite of my ice cream.