I WANT TO REMAIN SANE

CHAPTER 43 : I WANT TO REMAIN SANE.

We were on our way to the airport. Cedric came yesterday and the paparazzi followed him everywhere. After the interview, things became more complicated. We were followed everywhere. I don't understand why are people so interested in Cedric's life. He's just an author. No offense.

Cedric and I were sitting in the backseat of the car and Mike was driving. Cedric was wearing a full sleeves white t-shirt along with blue jeans. His sleeves were folded showing his veins. He was frantically typing on his phone. I was wearing a white jumpsuit and denim flip-flops. My hair was in a high ponytail.

We reached the airport and as soon as I got of the car, I heard cameras flashing. Not again. I tried covering my face and going past the paparazzi but they surrounded me. I hated being the attention. Cedric came towards me, held my hand and dragged me away.

Once we entered the airport after all the formalities Cedric said, "Now do you understand why I didn't want everyone to know that I am an author." He said. I just made a face.

"I have also been dragged with you in this situation, so don't play the victim." I told him, buying a bottle of water.

"You dragged yourself into it." He said. I tried opening the bottle but I just could not. He snatched the bottle from me and opened it at once. I had already made the cap lose by trying to open it. He handed me the bottle.

"How did I drag myself into this situation?" I asked, taking a sip of water. I went and sat on one of the chairs. Cedric sat on the one next to me.

"Do I really have to say that?" He said, raising his eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and took out my phone. Our pictures and videos were already flooding all over the internet. I looked at the picture. Cedric had an irritated look on his face while his hand was around my wrist. He was holding the bags with his other hand. I was looking down at our hands, obviously hating the attention.

"We do look nice in this picture." Cedric said, looking at my phone. I scoffed.

"Nice? Is your eyesight really that poor." I told him. He rolled his eyes and kept his arm over my shoulder, on the chair.

We boarded the flight after a while and after a long argument between Cedric and I about the window seat, I was sitting next to the window.

***

We entered Noah's place. His house was beautiful. There was a grey couch facing the LED TV. There were numerous pictures on the wall. Noah's picture with his family, I guess. They looked like his parents and Angie's photo with her family. Picture of Angie and Noah surrounded the wall. I spotted a picture of Cedric, Noah and Angie. Noah was holding Angie from the waist while her hands were around Cedric's shoulders. All of them were laughing.

As I walked inside I saw paintings in one side of the wall. The paintings were beautiful. In one of the painting there was a guy playing a guitar under a tree and a girl was staring at her.

"This is done by Angie's brother." Noah told me. "The first time Angie saw me was under a tree where I was playing a guitar."

"So this is your story." I told him, pointing towards the painting. He gave me a cheeky smile and nodded. "Where is Angie?" I asked. I couldn't see her anywhere. Maybe she's out for some work or something.

"You didn't tell her?" Noah asked Cedric. I turned towards Cedric. He was coming from a room and he had changed into a sweatpants and a blue t-shirt. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at me.