WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

CHAPTER 10 - WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

EMMA’S POV

Cedric handed me a box of tissues, “Stop crying please, I feel guilty.” He said. I took a bunch of tissues and wiped the pool of tears.

"I’m not crying." I told him, trying my best to not look at him and he should definitely feel guilty, afterall he literally forced me to watch the movie. Cedric and I were watching The Notebook. He came to my house at around 8 and we started watching the movie after he persuaded me to watch it. And the movie just ended and the ending was heartbreaking. So, yes I was obviously crying. But the movie was damn amazing.

"Kathleen.” Cedric whispered my name. I got up from the couch and said, “I am going to the washroom, please order something, actually order Chinese." i heard him mumbling something under his breath but i ignored it and walked towards the washroom. I looked in the mirror and i was looking like a mess. My hair was up in a messy bun, my nose and eyes were red because of the constant crying which made the bags under my eyes more prominent. I splashed some water on my face and left my hair open. Did i really just cry for an hour straight in front of a person i have just met. What the fuck am i doing? First that day in the backyard then the letters and now this. I shouldn’t spend so much time with him. I took a deep breath and walked out of the washroom. I walked towards the living area and saw Cedric and Liam sitting on the couch. I looked at them, both of them were using their phones, completely avoiding each other. “Hey Li.” he got up from the couch and hugged me. “What brings you here?” i asked him

"I was at Evan's place and we decided to take a trip before their child came. And I just came to tell you that and thought we could spend some time together but i guess you are busy." He said, looking at Cedric. Cedric looked up from his phone, i could feel the air thicken. “The two of you should calm down, I can’t literally feel the tension.” I said. I turned towards Cedric, “Did you order something?” He shook his head. “We can go somewhere and eat.” I told them, I wasn’t interested in whatever was going on between these two. “The two of you can decide who’s driving.” I told them, taking my handbag and my phone. I looked at them and both of them had blank faces. “Let’s go.” i rolled my eyes. “God, stop acting like statues.”

“What are you doing?” Liam asked. “Exactly.” Cedric said, agreeing to is little brother. “I dont give two fucks about the issues you two have, Cedric was here. Liam, you came here and now we are going out for dinner, as simple as that. Now let’s go.” i told them, walking out of my house. I heard footsteps behind me and Cedric went to his car, “i’ll drive.” Liam came towards me and said, “You are very annoying and i am sitting in the back.” he went towards the car and sat in the backseat, while i sat in the passenger seat.

***
“EMMA!” I heard Rachel’s voice and went downstairs. “Oh you’re up. I thought you were still sleeping.” I looked at Rachel and saw her holding a cup of coffee. “I hope that is for me.” She handed me the cup of coffee and dragged me outside. I looked at the two cars lined outside my house and the people I could tolerate even without my morning coffee. “Good morning, Emma.” Sam said. I gave him a huge smile and drank a sip of my coffee.

“TAYLOR.” I shouted. Cedric, Liam and Taylor turned towards me. Cedric and Liam passed me a smile which reminded me how awkward the dinner was yesterday. I am taking all my words back, i am the one who cannot tolerate the two of them together. “What?” Taylor shouted back. “Bring my bag from inside.” I said and he ran inside.

After an hour, we were all ready to hit the road. Nate and Olivia got in the car with Evan and Sam. Taylor took his car and Rachel sat in the passenger seat. I went and sat in the back seat.  Cedric came and opened the door of the car. "Shift." He said. I shifted and went towards the other window, but as I shifted, the door from the other side opened and Liam said, “Shift.” I rolled my eyes and shifted."Oh wow. I'm stuck with the two of you." I told them. "Isn't there a seat at Sam's car. It will be better if I go there." Taylor started the car. "They already left, Em." Rach said. “God!” I mumbled under my breath. I took my phone out and connected it to the music system.

CEDRIC’S POV

I felt a weight on my right shoulder, so I slightly opened my eyes. I have no idea when did i fall asleep, i looked around and everyone was sleeping except Rachel who was driving. My attention went back to the weight on my shoulder and i saw Emma resting her head on my shoulder, sleeping peacefully. Rachel looked at me through the rearview mirror and said, “Ken called, he wanted to ask you something regarding you-know-what. And he also mentioned it was urgent.” I completely forgot Rachel knew that I was an author, I was so annoyed at Emma when she told me that she told Rachel about it. “I’ll call him.” I told her and she nodded. My phone was in my pocket and if i tried taking it out right now, Emma would be totally disturbed. “I will just call him later.” I said. Rachel looked at Emma and then back at me, she smirked and asked, “ What is  going on here?” I raised my eyebrows. “Do you have a crush on Emma?”

“Crush?” I chuckled. Crush isn’t even a percent of what i have for her. Emma shifted and wrapped her hand around my arm. I looked at her and it took me back to that night, again. The more i try to forget about it, the more i start thinking about it. The night when things took a turn for good or bad, only time could tell. I was brought back from my thoughts by the sound of someone’s phone ringing. “Answer it babe.” I heard Taylor mumble in his sleep. “What is going on here?” i said. A smile crept on Rachel’s face. “I know Taylor told you.”

“Told me what?” I asked with a smirk on my face. “We are not doing this now, Ced.” She said, receiving Taylor’s phone which had started ringing again. “Yes, Evan… Everyone is asleep…Okay I’ll stop the car there.”

Rachel stopped the car after a while. “Get up, people.” She shouted. “God, I hate her voice.” Liam mumbled for which he received a smack from Rachel. Emma shifted and slightly opened her eyes. She looked around and then at me. She straightened up and said, “Shit, I am sorry.” I  shook my head and said, “It’s completely fine.” I got out of the car and saw Sam’s car stopping just behind ours. I smiled at them and tried raising my right hand to wave but I couldn’t exactly move it. I guess it was stiff because of no movement. It will get better in a while.