Chapter XVII - Fall at your feet.

Tayla

"You know what you should do? When your turn eighteen?" Jessie asked me.

"I turn eighteen in April, you're the one who turns eighteen soon, lets talk about your birthday"

"I don't even want to celebrate my birthday. My dad said he would buy me a new car because she took a crowbar to it"

"Her funneral's tomorrow, do you want me to come?"

"No, I think it would be best if it was just dad and I'

"Okay.." we sat in silence for a moment. I looked around her room again, my eyes coming across the big 'F you' on the wall.

"You should move in with me when you turn eighteen"

"What?" I asked.

"When I turn 18 the house will belong to me, it's paid off and everything. You should move in, so I'm not alone"

"That's so cool! I never thought of it like that! Oh my gosh I so will!" I said in excitement. 

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I repeated shaking her arm, "I'm so excited!" She laughed at me, smiling.

"Oh my gosh" I whispered, it all becoming so real. Jessie's mum is dead. She died. All excitement left my body and I looked over at Jess, I didn't realise how horrible she looked. 

"I don't know how much longer I can take having that written across my wall" Jessie said rubbing her face. Her blue eyes where bloodshot and her hair was a tangled mess.

"I'll repaint it" she looked up at me and smiled. She looked horrid.

"Oh my gosh! Can I repaint your entire house?" I asked eager, she gave me a funny look.

"Yeah right,"

"No seriously! It would be so much fun! I'll repaint your feature wall and paint your mums room in bright colours. We'll redo the kitchen!! So it's no longer that disgusting dark green! Oh please, please Jessie! I'll make it bright! And it's free labour!" I grabbed her hands and squeezed them.

"Please, please, please, please, pleeeeeease" I begged.

"Okay, alright! But it will cost so much and I don't have the money! Neither do you!" she said.

"Ask your dad, all he has to do is buy paint, it'll be $500 at the most!"

"Tayla I can't ask that of him! He's already offering to pay for damages to the house and for university! I can't ask him for more!"

"Okay we'll what happened to you're uni fund? The one you saved up for?" I asked.

"Oh yeah... We'll use that then" 

"Yes! Lets go!"

"What, now? Seriously!" she asked.

"No, we need to measure the walls and calculate how much paint we need, then we'll go so, no, not now but in at least 30 minutes"

~~~~~~~~~~

"We've been here for nearly two hours. Why can't you just pick one colour?" Jessie complained.

"It's been half a hour and because I want to make your house amazing! It's been decided that your feature wall will be pastel blue, another white washed lilac and the other two cream. "

"What's wrong with white?" 

"Were not living in an asylum" I said.

"Why, because it'll feel like home" She shot back.