Chapter VIII - So cheesy taco.

Jessie

A simple no would have sufficed she didn't have to attack me. 

"Why don't you want to do this with me. It's so much fun, don't you remember when we did cheer leading in grade 10? You said it was the best thing you'd ever done. Why don't you want to do that again? Get back in the grove... Show off your skills" I said moving my body left to right in some sort of dance. Her face had paled and her eyes where wide with fear that quickly turned into anger. Her hands shot out from her  sides and gripped my shoulders.
"After shock!" She yelled.
"What the hell! Stop it!" I shouted back, swatting her hands off me.
"I am not becoming a frigging cheerleader again. Not now, never again" She said in a low voice before storming off. I looked at Tayla's retreating figure and watched as she stopped to talk to Maxon. I held out my hand to the closest boy near me and announced myself.
"Hey I'm Jessie" I said. He grabbed my hand and shook it with a small smile.
"I'm David, Sam, Jacob" He said gesturing to the other boys. The dirty reddish hair boy smirked at me and bowed. 
"Hello your highness" he said while straightening back up. Um, I don't quite understand. I looked at Ben with a confused look while he grinned back at me.
"Queen of food, remember" He whispered to me. Oh right. I frowned at Sam and lifted my chin.
"Benjamin really? Forcing me to mix with these commoners. The nerve!" I said in my fake British accent before storming off. 
Now what was I going to do again. I stopped and stared at the floor trying to remember what I was doing. I huffed in annoyance and walked back over to Ben.
"Welcome back Princess" I frowned and looked at the sandy blonde haired boy with the ocean deep blue eyes. 
"Don't call me Princess" I almost growled.
"Oh sorry, your highness"He said bowing his head.
"No, no it's not that, it's just that name, please just don't call me that" I asked. "Dad used to call me Princess, now I can't stand it" 
"Oh, Uh, Sorry Jess" David said. I smiled at him and looked around the hallway, trying to remember that thing that was nagging in the back of my mind. My eyes scanned over Maxon and it finally clicked. I walked off in a rush to get to Maxon who was picking up his bag. 
"Maxon!" I yelled out over the student body, running up to him I tapped his shoulder. 
"Maxon do you know where Tayla went?" He looked at me with a small smile.
"Max and she said she was going to class, you know, because the bell ran like 30 seconds ago" Damn, why is it I never notice if the bells gone or not. 
"Thank you, Max" I said rushing off to Tayla's first class. 
"Your welcome, Jessica" He yelled out after me smiling. I turned around still walking.
"Jess" I called back with a grin. He's hot, but he's not Ben. Pulling my notebook out of my bag, my smile grew as I saw my next class was HPE, with Tayla in the MPS what the hell does that even stand for? "Um, excuse me?" I said to a girl who was standing around on a phone.
"What?" She said flatly. Oh, wow, friendly.
"I, uh, can you tell me what MPS means?" I asked super nicely.
"Multi Purpose Shelter" She replied in a tone referring to me as stupid.
"Thanks...." I trailed off.
"Rosie" She replied while walking away. Rosie? That's the girl from yesterdays History. The second bell rang, telling me I was late for class. Running down the cement path I finally made it to the MPS where everyone was standing around. Tayla, Tayla, Tayla, Tayla. I repeated in my head while scanning faces in the crowd. 
"Welcome to your first class of HPE" A loud booming voice said. "For those of you not in sport uniform, you have two minutes to change. If your not back in that amount of time, you'll be doing extra. Time starts now so get a move on." He yelled.
Shit. Abort mission. 
I ran from the room to my locker which held my sport uniform. As quick as I could I rushed into the girls bathroom and changed. 
"Dude! Hurry up, I don't want to be stuck doing extra laps or whatever the hell he'll make us do" Tayla said from the doorway.
"Hey! Where were you? I was looking for you but you stormed off" I said my tone snappy.
"I was taking a romantic stroll with peter pan, now lets go!" She said running up to me, she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door. As we reached the MPS 'Mr.Didn't tell us his name' told us to stand with a group of students.
"For those of you standing, congratulations, you managed to get here after the time limit so I hope you enjoy the extra work out" The people around us groaned and complained about how unfair and what a dick this teacher was. 
"Lets call him Mr.Dick" I suggested to Tayla.
"No his name is Mr.PansyAss" She replied quietly.
"Mr.Faggots more appropriate" A boy said behind me. 
"Conversation between the burrito and the taco, nacho!" Tayla snapped.
"So cheesy taco" I said.
"Hey! What if I want to be the burrito?" She whined looking at the teacher.
"Suck it up Rapunzel" She slowly turned to face me with a glare on her face like one of those creepy dolls. My best friends a freak. Nice. I gave her a sheepish grin and turned away. 
"Why were you so meanish this morning and where the hell were you" I asked confused.
"I was having the time of my life, talked to Maxon for a second, the bell rang, went to change into my uniform and fate or destiny or karma whatever the hell people call it, decided to continue the 'Make Tayla pissed' game" She said full of sarcasm. "Lucky for me a have that stash of sugar".
"My poor baby" I cooed to Tayla. A waving hand caught my attention as I turned to face it.
 "Jay Jay I'm so glad we're in the same class! It's going to be so much better now!" Charlie giggled as she walked up to me.
"Hey Charlie" I smiled, she lent in to give me a hug but caught me off guard as she went to kiss my cheek.
"Don't you just love volleyball" She said with excitement. 
Volleyball? Tayla tipped back her head and laughed uncontrollably. Volleyball, seriously. 

Tayla

I was still grinning at Jessie's misfortune all through the game. She was put on the other team so I got a pretty good view of the everlasting glare on her face. I spiked the ball over the net, aiming for Jessie's face. As it shot past her body she stumbled sideways, her eyes wide with fear. She tripped over her own feet and fell to the ground. I laughed so hard that I fell to my knees and doubled over.
"SUB!" Jessie yelled over my laughter. She pulled herself off the court and walked over to where it was safe, rubbing her behind. My laughter was so hard that there wasn't sound coming out anymore.
 "Jessica Bronze, no subbing for you considering you were late to class" Mr.Pansyass yelled. She turned on her ankle and walk back over to her spot grumbling the whole way. 
"Charlotte! Sub with Marcus" Marcus fisted pumped the air and walked off the court. 
Jessie was glaring the whole time. 
Getting up off the ground I started to get back into the game.

~

 The rest of the week went by slowly making me ever so grateful for Saturday to come rolling around.
As I woke up I checked the time to see how long I'd been sleeping. 10.46. Not too bad. Crawling out of bed I made my way to the bathroom, not bothering to get changed. Saturday, my family might be at church. I was brought up a seventh day Adventist, for those who don't know the difference, we go to church on Saturday. I gave up church the second Aaron died my family pushed me to go but I just couldn't handle everyone staring or saying how sorry they were or how God took Aaron for a reason. I gave up on everything that day. I threw my hair in a bun and went into the kitchen to get food. With my huge bowl of fruit loops I sat on the couch not turning the T.V on, just sitting in silence. 

After an hour and a half of spacing out I got up and put my bowl in the dishwasher. I then walked back to the couch, feeling empty. I stared at my fingers counting them, turning them around I looked at all the imperfections. I looked at the wall made of bricks, counting them over and over, there's 163 bricks all together, some red with brown and black, some brown with black and red. I don't feel anything, not happy or sad nor angry or foggy, I feel fine, no not fine, I feel nothing. I looked at the tiles on the floor counting them, trying to see more then there is, but theres nothing, there just plain cream tiles. Staring at my fingers again I started to draw my fingerprints into my palm. Every curve, every line.

"Tayla? Honey?" I heard my mothers voice, but I didn't respond. I continued to count the bricks, not realizing I had moved on from drawing my fingerprints.
"Tayla, take this" My mum said handing me a glass of water and three pills. Two of which were anti-depressants the third I couldn't remember, I didn't care to remember. Slowly I took the pills and swallowed them. 
"I wish you would remember to take these" She said cupping my face with her hands making me look at her. I do remember, I just didn't want to today. I started to feel a weight lifting of my chest, the drugs working almost immediately.  I didn't feel happy, but at least I didn't feel nothing. 
"How was your day?" I asked softly. She sat down next to me and wrapped her arms around me pulling me closer to her.
"Would have been better if I could have shared it with you Tittaly Tay" I closed my eyes and relaxed against her hold, realizing this is what I really needed today. I needed my mum. 
She doesn't know about Aaron, she still doesn't know it was my fault. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What a stupid song, losing Aaron didn't kill me, but sure as hell didn't make me stronger. If anything it made me nothing, nothings all I am, nothings all I feel. But saying nothings all I feel would be a lie, apart from the growing happiness, I feel sad, guilty for what I did. I hate these's drugs, they let everything in.