Chapter XXI - Feral ballerina.

Tayla

I untied the shoelace and did it up again, tighter this time. Guilt is burning, inside I'm hurting, this ain't a feeling I can keep. Blame by Calvin Harris played, I stood up and started to dance to it.

So blame it on the night! I started with slow hip hop moves, just flowing with the music.

Don't blame it on me, don't blame it on me, don't blame it on me.

The second the beat dropped I put all my energy into the moves, barely keeping myself from falling over.

Can't you see it? I was manipulated I had to let her thought the- The music cut out and Gabriel's ringtone started to play over the speakers. I walked across the floor to my phone and answered.

"Who disturbs my slumber?" I said grouchy.

"It is I, Gabriel" he replied in a high tone.

"Oh my gosh you got that!" I said excited.

"You told me to watch Aladdin so I did"

"What weirdo hasn't seen Aladdin, your childhood must have been so dark without Disney's bright light"

"Whatever, so what are you doing?"

"I'm in a dance studio. I was just starting to get into it and you called. Ass hat."

"Oh if it's more important then me I'll let you get back to it"

"Thanks bye" I said with a grin.

"... You mean child. Where are you, I'm coming, we will spend time together. You've been working all week and neglecting me"

"Dude it's Saturday, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Don't care, need address. Cough it up, I'm literally driving around like a homeless person with a car"

"Fine whatever, I'll text it through. Get off the phone when your driving"

"Yay! See you soon and like you don't do it" he said smugly before hanging up. Can't have a single day to myself I thought. Not that I truly minded, I did enjoy having him around all the time. I texted the address and started my song again.

I walked over to the middle of the room and started jumping up and down, exciting myself. When the music began I danced slowly.

Can't be sleeping, keep on waking. Is that the woman next to me?

By the time my warm up song had ended I was already tired. I stretched out my hamstrings for a moment before sinking onto the splits. I held it for a minute then stood, readjusting my tights that had crawled up my ass. Again. I walked over and slipped my shoes off using my toes. Grabbing my pointe shoes I wrapped the laces around my ankles.

"It takes 5 minutes to drive here, where is Gabriel?" I said to myself as I looked for a new song. Scrolling, my finger stopped on Earthquake.

Labrinth, come in. I walked over to the middle of the room and stood awkwardly waiting for the- the beat dropped and I found myself jumping around, feeling the beat through every part of my body. I stood to the tips of my toes and started to spin myself, I loved the feeling of being dizzy, to not have a clear view on the world.

I spun until I lost my balance and stumbled, I stopped moving and waited for my vision to become clear again. It took a moment but I moved back into the music and started to dance, half ballet, half hip hop.