Chapter XVI - Didn't you do that yesterday?

Jessie

"Ah mate, your face" Tayla said with a cringe, she got up off the couch and walked over to where her mother and I stood. 

"It feels terrific" I said sarcastically. 

"She did all this because you fainted? She is such a bitch" she spat.

"She did all this because I told her dad was coming home and the only reason for that... would be because I told him about her. To say she was enraged is an understatement. She also thinks I'm going to tell the police about all this" I said pulling my hair up into a pony tail.

"You haven't told the police yet?" Maca said interrupting us. 

"Uh, no" I said.

"Jess, we have to call them" she said moving towards the phone.

"Wait, what? No, not yet!" I said grabbing her arm.

"Your mother should be in jail,"

"No, that's my decision"

"But Jessie-" she tried again.

"My dad will be here in three days, theirs a chance he could get her into a rehabilitation center, I would rather that then have her live the rest of her life in jail hating me"

"There's no rehabilitation for domestic violence Jess, there's nothing you could do-"

"No not about that, about her alcohol and drug abuse, my fathers a lawyer, there's a huge chance she could get into one" I said sternly, "I may not love the woman but that doesn't mean I'm going to send her to jail. She'll get off the pills and stay away from the alcohol, and I'll be gone when she gets herself on track. She'll get better in a positive environment, you put her in a cell for abuse, they'll figure out she's a drug abuser and an alcoholic. My dad can help me, I just need to wait till Saturday"

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes" she stared at me, her eyebrows pulled in together.

"Alright, we'll wait for your father, til then your staying here away from her" she said wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I said as my arms hugged her in return.

"You should have said something sooner Jess, we would have helped you"

"I know" I said softly.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Besides they must fall in love tonight if we ever expect to be human again" Cogsworth said.

"Ah human again"

"Human again" said Mrs Pots with a sigh.

"Yes, think what that means, I'll be cooking again, be good-looking again, with a mademoiselle on each arm" Lumiere sang. 

"I do love this movie" I said watching Beauty and the Beast on Tayla's laptop. 

"We're watching Cinderella next" Tayla said.

"Dude come on, we saw that one yesterday" I whined. 

"I don't care, it's my favourite" she said impassive.

"Why not little mermaid?" Ginny asked

"Because that one makes Jessie mad" Tayla said ruffing up Ginny's hair.

"I'll make you a deal, we watch the other Cinderella one, the one were they go back in time. That was well written" I said.

"Okay then" she answered.