Chapter X - Because I'm a sucker for cliches.

A/N Because I'm corny and a sucker for cliches, sue me. xD 

Chapter X - Because I'm a sucker for cliches.

Tayla

I woke around 5:30 and spent half an hour trying to fall back asleep but it was pointless. My body was bouncing with energy and I really felt like running. Or screaming into a pillow.

Getting out of bed I put my black tights on and a blue tank top, even though my body was screaming at me, running around outside at 6 o'clock in the morning did not sound appealing. An idea came to me and I ran to my closet looking for a box, finding it in the corner under piles of clothing and other crap, I pulled it out of its cave and took out my pointe shoes. Oh man am I really going to do this? I got back into back flips why not dancing? I sat on my bed with the pointe shoes, rubbing my hands on the silky texture and playing with the strings. I slipped my foot into the shoe and wrapped the ribbon around my ankle before tying it off. My face started to heat up and felt extremely self-conscious. Grow some balls Tayla, no one's watching, no one's even awake. I put the other shoe on and stood up, I then started to demi pointe. I skipped over to my laptop, and played City of Angels by 30 Seconds to Mars. As the intro started to play I focused on standing on pointe, standing on the tips of my toes I started to feel the pull of my muscles screaming at me not to do this, but the energy in my body wanted this. For the first time in three years I was going to dance, the excitement and energy in my body was humming and the second the beat kicked in I was spinning. When the verse started I stumbled and started to free style slow dancing.

There was truth

There was consequence

Against you, a weak defence

Then there's me, I'm seventeen

Looking for a fight

I ran back over to my laptop and turned up the volume a little more, tapping my foot.

All my life I was never there

Just a ghost running scared

Here our dreams aren't made—

They're won.

On the tips of my toes I started jumping around the room, wildly throwing myself everywhere.

Lost in the city of angel

Down in the comfort of strangers

I found myself in the fire burned hills

In the land of a billion lights

Spinning around several times I stumbled again and started dancing. Just flowing with the music.

Bought my fate straight from hell

Second sight has paid off well

For a mother, a brother and me

The silver of a lake at night

The hills of Hollywood on fire

A boulevard of hope and dreams

Streets made of desire

I stop dancing all together and poured myself into the song, singing.

Lost in the city of angels

Down in the comfort of strangers

I found myself in the fire burned hills

In the land of a billion lights

I found myself in the fire burned hills

 In the land of a billion lights

When the beat picked up I started swaying