5

2 months later

Michael's POV

(Y/n) and I have been dating for 2 months. Things were going great out first month of dating, but I feel like she's changed. She's not the same (y/n) I knew 2 years ago. I feel like I don't know her as well as I did. I kind of want to end our relationship. I still want to be friends with her though. I just don't think I can stand to see her heartbroken. I don't know what to do, should I just tell her?

(Y/n) POV

Michael and I have been dating for 2 months, and things were going great, well they were. I just don't think our relationship is going to last long. I've changed, and so did my feelings for Michael. I'll be honest, I still do have feelings for Daniel. I don't want to break Michael's heart. And if we do break up, I would still want to be friends. I think I should just tell him. 

Michael called me over so we could hangout at his place. I thought maybe I should tell him then. It was 6:30 pm. I got up from my bed and headed over to his place. I was thinking about what I was going to say. Once I got there, I rang the bell and Michael's mom opened the door. "Hi Mrs. Fox! How are you?" She smiled, "Hi (y/n)! I'm doing good thank you for asking. Michaels in the backyard. Come in!" I smiled and walked in and headed to the back. "(Y/n)" Michael said standing up. He looked upset. "Hi Michael, why do you look upset?" I said with a concerned look on my face. I went up to hug him. "(Y/n), can we talk?" "Yeah of course! What's going on?" "(Y/n), I love you, you know that right?" I looked at him, "Yeah?" We sat down and he started talking again. "I love you a lot, but our relationship-" "Are you breaking up with me?" I said. "I'm sorry" He said hugging me. I hugged him back. "Michael, it's ok. I actually feel the same way. I was going to tell you, but I didn't want to break your heart." He looked at me and smiled. "Can we still be friends?" I asked. "Yeah, yeah of course! I still wanna be friends." We hugged again, then we watched a movie in his living room. I was glad that we were still friends. It's not that common for someone to be still be friends with their exes. Once the movie was done, he walked me home. We got to the front. "(Y/n), I have to tell you something." I turned to look at him, "What is it?" "I'm moving back to New York." I looked down at the ground. "What? Why? You just got here! Michael, don't go, please. I need you!" I started crying. He held me and said, "I'm sorry, I don't want to go, but I have to. I'm going to miss you a lot." and kissed my forehead. I wiped my tears. "When are you leaving?" I asked, sniffling my nose. "Saturday night" "Saturday? That's tomorrow." "I know." I hugged him again. "I'll come by tomorrow afternoon before I leave, ok?" I nodded, "Ok" I went back to my apartment and laid on my bed, crying. 

I heard a knock on the door. I wiped my tears and got up to open the door. "Daniel? What are you doing here?" Ever since him and Ali started dating, I barely got to talk to him. I'd see him every now and then and we'd just say hi to each other and that's it. "Hey are you ok? What happened? Why are you crying?" I let him in so we can talk. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. "It's nothing. What's up with you?" "It can't be nothing, what really happened? Did Michael break up with you?" "We did break up, but I didn't mind because I wanted to break up too. It just that he's leaving tomorrow and I don't wanna have to say good-bye again." He hugged me and said, "I'm so sorry" "It's ok. Now what's up with you? Are you ok?" I looked up at him. "Ali and I broke up. She dumped me for some other guy." "Aw Daniel, are you ok? I know how much you loved her." "Yeah, I'm fine. I did love her, a lot. But after a month of dating, I got tired of her. All she did was talk about her hair, and make up, and clothes and shopping. I couldn't take it. I was going to break up with her, but then she broke up with me first." "Oh" I said. " Yeah. I realized that ever since we started dating, you and I stopped to talking to each other. I didn't like that. I missed you a lot. I miss talking you, I miss hanging out with you, I miss seeing you, dang it (y/n) I missed YOU! I miss you! I like you, I've liked you for a long time, I like you a lot, no I love you!" I looked up at him and said, "Daniel, are you- are you serious?" He nodded his head really fast and said, "Yes, I love you so much" I smiled and said, "I like you too Daniel, I love you! But"