26

(Daniel's POV)

I've been with (y/n) for a year now, almost two. I love her with all my heart. I know she's the one for me. I want to be with her for the rest of my life, and spend my future with her. I want to marry her. 

I told my mom I wanted to propose to her on Christmas Eve, and she happily offered to help me. We went to the mall and bought some gifts, then went to a jewelry store. I didn't want to get one of those fancy rings because it wasn't her. I decided to go for a plain, simple ring, with a small diamond on it.

I used the money I had to pay for it, and my mom chipped in and paid the rest. "It's beautiful honey, she's gonna love it!" My mom whispered in my ear. "Yeah." I smiled. 

~~~~~~

We got home and brought the bags up to our apartment, and hid them in the closet. I hid (y/n)'s ring in my moms room, then walked to my room. "Hey baby!" I said, kissing her on her cheek. "Hey! You're in a good mood." She said. "Yeah, I just can't wait to give you your present." I said excitedly. She frowned and said, "Aw I feel so bad! I didn't get you anything!" I looked at her and said, "Don't worry about it! You don't have to get me anything. I already have all I need." 

"And what is that?"  She asked. "You." I said, winking. "Aw, you're so sweet!" (Y/n) got up and gave me a hug, then sat back down. 

My mom knocked on the door and said, "Hey (y/n), I just got a call from someone who says she's your aunt," (Y/n) looked at her with a confused look on her face. "She said her name was Isabella," (Y/n) cut her off, "Aunt Isabella?!" she said excitedly.

My mom nodded. "She was wondering if you wanted to spend Christmas with the family this year, she even bought you a ticket to fly to New York." She told her, holding a ticket in her hand. I got a little upset. I was really looking forward to proposing to her, now she might go to New York. 

"I haven't seen my family since I moved here!" (Y/n) said. "So you're gonna go?" I asked. "You can't go, you can't! Stay, I want you here with me!" I thought. 

"Daniel, let (y/n) do what she wants. If she wants to go, let her go. Don't stop her. (Y/n), if you wanna go, go ahead sweetie, ok? Don't let us stop you from doing what you wanna do." My mom said.  I looked at (y/n), and she looked back at me. 

"I'll think about it..." 

A/n: (This chapter was basically chapter 25 but in Daniel's POV. Wow two chapters in a day, noice! lol. Hope you liked it! Stay gold my dudes! 💛)