36

"We ain't gonna have a BIG ceremony right?" Daniel asked. "Nope! We don't have that many people coming, and we don't have that much money. You know I don't like having huge parties, and I know you don't either. We're going to have a nice, simple, and short wedding." I replied.

"Ok good." We were lying down on his bed, thinking about how the wedding is going to go, then I realized, nobody's going to walk me down the aisle. I turned to my side and started thinking about my parents, how they're gone and won't be there. 

I grabbed a pillow and shut my eyes. I tried to hold back the tears. This is the first time I've thought of them in years. 

"You ok?" He asked. I nodded my head with my eyes still shut. Daniel wrapped his arms around me, "Don't cry. What's wrong (y/n)?" I turned to him and the tears fell. "I-I can't d-do this." I stuttered. "What?" "I can't get married. My parents are gone, nobody will walk me down the aisle." 

He tried to comfort me by rubbing my back and it worked. "I'm sorry baby, I know how you feel. Everything's gonna be alright, ok? Everything's gonna be ok." I calmed down and closed my eyes, then opened them.

"Why don't you ask someone close to you to walk you down?" I thought about the people I knew who were close to me. I immediately of Michael, and then after that Chris. I was debating between the two for a while, then ended up picking Michael. 

Michale was one of my closest friends growing up, and I wanted him to be there. I thought it was a good idea to have him walk me down the isle since he's my best friend and someone I loved (not in a romantic way). 

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Thanks Daniel."  I said. He smiled at me, then hugged me tight.

~~~~~

"Thought of anyone?" Daniel asked. I had forgotten that Michael and I were in a relationship back then when he moved here. "Crap!" I whispered, hoping Daniel didn't hear. "What?" He questioned. 

"Umm, well, yeah. I was thinking maybe Michael could do it. But he doesn't have to, I can find someone else if you're not ok with that. I just thought of him because he was someone I was close to growing up." I looked at Daniel and he smiled. 

"I don't mind, it's ok. If you want him to walk you down the aisle, then he can walk you down the aisle. I just want you to be happy. I know you guys dated each other and that's ok. You guys wanted to break up because you lost interest in each other, so I'm not really jealous. Michael is a good choice! He's a good guy."  I looked up at him, then hugged him. 

I'm really glad I have such an understanding, loving boyfr- fiancé. 

A/n: (This is so bad T-T. Stay gold my dudes! 💛)