Staying

Lizeths POV:

I went up to knock on the door of his house. I hoped he wasn't home. Jess opened the door and stared at me.

"Liz."

She engulfed me in a hug and began to sob. Karen came out to see what was going on. She immediately pulled me away from Jess and into a hug of her own.

"We were so worried about you. We saw the ambulances but we couldn't find you in the hospital."

Why do they have to care so much? It just makes everything harder.

"I was in foster care. If I had known you would look for me I would've tried to stay in the hospital longer."

"Where are you staying?"

Oh great well here goes.

"Thats why I came actually. I was wondering if I could maybe stay with you guys. In the guest room or something. I don't want to burden you and I understand if you say no. But I promise I would wok around the house and get a job in town."

Karen looked at me for a moment as Jess looked at her like a puppy.

"Sure the guest room is always available."

"It'll be just like having  a sister!" Jess jumped up and down and dragged me into the house. 

"Hey. It won't get to be all fun and games. I'm going to have to help around the house." Jess groaned. 

"But that's no fun." 

"Having me in your house without paying isn't so fun for your mum either." 

"Wait, where's your suitcase? Nevermind I'll go get it!"  Jess ran back out to my car. I've missed having her around. She opened the truck and grabbed my 2 boxes of stuff. I grabbed the other 2 and followed her into the guest bedroom upstairs. 

"Did you bring any furniture?"

"No... I've been living in other people's houses for 3 years, with just this."

Jess looked at me in shock. I simply began to open boxes and lay clothes out on the small bed.

"If Nathan knew you were here he'd come back right away! I'll go call him!" 

Shit.

"Jess no! Wait, don't do it!" 

But Jess already had her phone pressed against her ear. 

"Hey Nathan! You'll never guess who's here............... No, it's Liz! She's staying with us." 

I stopped being able to hear noise from the other side of the phone and got worried. 

"Hey Liz, how long are you gonna be here for?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked at the floor.

"She's not sure. Yeah sure. He wants to talk to you."

Jess handed me her phone.

"I... I... But-" She forced the phone to my ear, forcing the phone against my ear.  

"Liz?"

"H-hi."

"So you're staying in the house now?"

"Only for a bit.

"Oh. I'll see if I can stop by. I'll be in town tomorrow if you'll still be here."

Shit.

"I don't know, I'm all over the place. I doubt I'll be able to see anyone."

"Oh. Ok. I've gotta go. I love you."