Fresh Start

Hi guys!!! Sorry for not updating in forever but I've been very busy :( I'm doing my best to actually update, sorry! -wordstravelfast

Lizeth's POV:

We started over, I didn't want to forgive him for what happened, but I did. I could never forget or change what happened. I was still scared of him, but he'd taught me to trust him. He made me feel important, almost like Nathan used to. But there was one day when I realized I didn't have to be scared anymore.

-Flashback-

"You stupid whore, what the hell where you thinking?!"

"I'm sorry! I-I'm sorry."

"Bloody hell you're sorry!"

He raised his hand up to hit me and I flinched away. Just as I thought he was going to hit me, I heard him sigh. He put his hand down to his side and looked at me.

"I said I wouldn't hit you again, and I won't. I'm sorry, I swear I won't. I'm taking the meds, I just got angry, I'm sorry."

"It's ok." I said, my voice shaking.

"No, it's not, I didn't mean to get so angry with you."

"I was being stupid."

"No, I shouldn't have been angry, it was so little."

His hands cupped my face and he pressed his lips to mine.

-Flashback Over-

He didn't hit me again, and he still hasn't. We've been together for almost 2 years now. I've seen Nathan around, but he simply waved and life moved on. Sometimes I wonder where I would be now if I had stayed with Nathan, but I doubt we'd be together now. James hasn't yelled at me in a month, he hasn't even gotten angry with me. Our 3 year anniversary is tomorrow and we're leaving for Paris.

                          *                                      *                                        *                                               *

"You ready?"

"Ready."

He grabbed my hand as the plane took off and we put up the arm rest so I could lean on his chest.

"Three years tomorrow, three years."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead and put his arm around my shoulders as I fell asleep.

                           *                                      *                                        *                                               *

Tonight was our last night in Paris and we went to a fancy restaurant, I expected us to go back to the hotel, but he wanted to go see the Eiffel Tower one last time. It was all lit up and looked beautiful. When we were directly under the tower, he took both my hands in his before getting down on one knee.

"I know our relationship started off badly but these past 3 years have been the best of my life and I want to spend my whole life with you. I promise I'll treat you to the best of my abilities and I'll never hurt you or let someone else hurt you. Liz, will you marry me?"