The Last Time

Hi!! Inspired by the song The Last Time from Taylor Swift's Red album and in case you haven't noticed yet, I really like Taylor Swift so.. I'll just post the song on the side :)-wordstravelfast

Lizeth's POV:

After that day in the studio, I guess we both realized how stupid it was to keep avoiding each other and we started texting. We agreed to meet up. In person. Just us. To talk things out. To fix them. Jay supported it. He wanted it to happen. He said he didnt want band conflict. 

I got up and pulled on some black skinny jeans with a Boy London sweatshirt. I put my phone in my pocket and put on some mascara and closed the door to my room. I walked into the living room and found Jay layed out on the couch with the TV on, asleep. I covered him with a blanket and turned off the TV, before lightly kissing his forehead and walking out the door. 

Find myself at your door, just like all those times before, I'm not sure how I got there, all roads they lead me here.

I knocked on his door, my hand almost shaking. I heard him opening the door and shoved my hands into my pockets. 

"Hi! Come on in."

I walked into Nathan's house and looked at all the familiar sights, the living room, endless cuddling on the couch. The kitchen, cooking together and always being sure to make a mess. It came flooding back. But it didn't hurt so much this time. 

"How have you been?" Nathan smiled at me as he poured tea from the kettle into mugs. 

"Good. You?"

"Better than before. We've got the new album almost finished."

He poured in milk and 2 sugars and handed me the cup.

"You remembered how I like it." I smiled at the thought.

"We like it the same way, remember?" He gestured for me to sit at the table across from him and I did.

"So, we said we would talk about things... Try to fix things... Where do we start?"

"Well, we could start with you telling me about everything that happened after I left."

"Um, so I went home right after, and Mum had been drinking again, and she-she called me things again and I wouldn't answer her and she went downstairs and threw things and I went downstairs and whe was lying on the floor, not moving. So I called the police and I was put into fostercare. They passed me off everytime they found out about the cutting. They acted like I was a sick person. "

"What about when I saw you for the first time?"

"Well, I turned 18 and got out of the fostercare system and I went back home. Mum was ok again, but I didn't want to stay with her and screw it all up. So I went to see if your mum would let me stay in the guest room and she said yes. But the moment I got there Jess decided to call you and tell you I was there and she made me talk to you and you said 'I love you' after you hadn't even seen me for 3 years and it made me so angry."

"Why?"

"Because you didn't have the right. You had no right to just go off for three years and  then just tell me you love me when you didn't bother to even talk to me. It just made me so mad because you hadn't acted like you even cared about me or remembered me and then you just said it." I felt tears coming back at the memory of how it felt. And how it felt to drag the razor across my skin the day he left.

"It's okay to cry you know. I've seen you do it before."

"I'm fine." But I knew that he heard my voice cracking too.