Let's Run Together!

"Open up Kiara." A voice from the other side of the door called and banged on the door.

Both Kiara and Jonathan were backing away from the door. Jonathan thought of all the possible situations he could use to escape with her, both were trained fighters but Jonathan had more experience and strength than her it was pretty obvious.

However he would not underestimate her because he was pretty sure she would leave him in the dust too. Another hesitation was he didn't want to hurt or kill someone.

"I have a plan, we have two options we could stay here and take them out or-" he was cut off by her when she said "woah we both take them out, you don't know how to fight."

"Don't make assumptions about me sweetheart." he said with a award wining smile, He sensed she was still unsure about it so he continued. "so, as I was saying we can fight but we don't know how many people are out plus they might have back up." he said but then a loud bang cut him off.

"open the door and no one gets hurt." a guy threatened from outside.

"What is the other option." she asked frantically, he could sense that she was afraid, who wouldn't be but he would not let them harm her.

"Or we could jump to the terrace of the next apartment and take my car from the garage and drive out of the city." He said and heard a loud bang. they were trying to ram into the apartment.

"Okay sounds like a plan" she said and grabbed his hand.

"Just wait one second." He said and ran to his room, He bent to take out his emergency duffle bag he kept prepared for emergencies.

he went out to see Kiara had grabbed some water bottles and snacks. "Come on. wait you were prepared for this?" she asked looking confused at the same time another bang came from the door. She stuffed the supplies into his bag and turned toward the opposite direction of the door

"We don't have time right now the door won't be held for long." he said and she grabbed his hand once again and they ran towards the terrace.

The next house was closed Jonathan didn't had neighbors so no one would question them.

He threw the duffle bag to the other side and climbed the railing, he took a short step and reached the other house's bar and jumped over, he landed with a thud. "okay come on." he encouraged her.

"how did you do that are you Spider-Man?" She asked while coping his stepping direction. She climbed the railing just like him just a little less gracefully but he was impressed. "You are a fast learner." He said and heard a crash from his apartment. "We don't have time, hurry." He grabbed the bag and swung it over his shoulder.

They had made it to the parking lot easily, it was a closed basement with flood lights and only a few cars who were not so frequently used. Something was wrong, Jonathan's senses were telling him they were not safe yet.

Suddenly he heard muffled cries and turned to see a man wearing a ski mask had capture Kiara, Kiara was struggling but she was looking at him like she wanted him to stay calm, so that is what he did.

"Don't try anything funny I'll take her and boss will kill you later, you should have not helped her." The ski masked dude said. He still didn't do anything and waited for her to do whatever she had in mind.

He didn't have to wait for long, she stubbed his toe and jabbed her elbow in his stomach, she caught his hand and flipped him over. He fell on the ground on his head and went unconscious.

"He should've brought a gun armature." She said with a grin plastered on her face. He was looking at her with a proud look on his face.

"So where is your car pretty boy?" She asked, he didn't mind nickname anymore. It sounded right coming from her.

"I'll bring it here don't get into trouble." He warned her.

"Sorry can't promise that my middle name is trouble." She laughed at her joke.

A minute later Jonathan brought his car and Kiara's expression was priceless, her jaw hit the floor and she looked dazed. "Shut the fuckin' door! that is you car?" she exclaimed and Jonathan laughed at her remark.

 "Shut the fuckin' door! that is you car?" she exclaimed and Jonathan laughed at her remark

"Climb in we don't have time, they'll soon figure out where we are." he hurried her and she climbed into the car.

Jonathan sped up the car speed and they were on the highway in about fifteen minutes with no one following them.

"Why did you have a bag ready for escaping? Did you do that last night when you met me?" She asked breaking the silence.

"No I had it for myself, it has all of my stuff." He explained and he knew now was coming the dangerous questions which he was not prepared for like, why do you need to run? who is looking for you? Are you a fugitive too? But Kiara asked something he was not prepared for at all.

"Why are you helping me?" with a sad look in her eyes, afraid of the answer he might give.

"Because you remind me of someone." He answered.

"Who?"

"My Friend. He was like you sarcastic, athletic, hopeful but I did something wrong to him and his loved ones so we never talked again."(he is talking about Jace by the way.) he said with such sorrow Kiara was shocked to see his faces was emotion less.

"Anyway I think you should rest and later we'll figure out where we are going." He said to her, she wanted to know more about him but was scared he might shut down completely so she closed her eyes and exhaustion took over her.

Whereas Jonathan for the first time felt really calm, he had talked about his past without any panic attacks, there was guilt but he didn't took it in a bad way because he was happy to help her. For the first time in a long time he felt happy and contented. She lit something in him he had never experienced before.