Inside Out.

Kiara woke up with her head on Jonathan's bare chest and her arms wrapped around his neck, she was trapped in between Jonathan's arms. She had never felt such tranquility before, it was a new experience and she liked it. 

She was staring at his face like it was a beautiful painting which belonged in a museum, he had some scars on his face and a lot on his body but that didn't make him any less dreamy and now she finally knew where they came from. She was really glad he had trusted her enough to share his secret. Now lying like this in his arms was almost intimate as they were sharing each other's personal space and Kiara didn't mind one bit.

She was about go back to sleep again when Jonathan said "Take a picture darling it'll last longer." with a smug look on his face. "Seriously; you are so full of yourself." she scoffed. He laughed "You love it." she snuggled further into his neck and said "Maybe..."

They stayed like that what felt like an eternity but finally Jonathan broke the silence "I think I should take a shower and then we need to discuss the further strategy." She shook her head and snuggled back further into his chest she wrapped her legs around his torso and he laughed, He suddenly sat up on the bed pulling Kiara in his lap and she giggled like an eight year old. "So, now you'll let me go? You know I an stronger than you."

Kiara nodded she wanted to argue but it was true he was physically stronger than, for god's sake he was part angel how are you suppose to compete with that?. He sat up and opened his mouth like he wanted to say something but decided to let it pass. Kiara flopped back on the bed with a grin on her face, it was not a forced one or the one just for show it was because she felt happy from the inside out, all the butterflies in the stomach cliché shit as told she was experiencing it for the first time. Right now she didn't care that there were demons, monsters  running wild wanting her dead, or that Jonathan had a unstable past he had the blood of the same monsters they were running from, or even that, that he was not just human he was more than that, she should've felt inferior but she didn't. She was a murder, she had done that in her right mind and not being someone else but right now she didn't want to think about that she wanted to be happy even for a little while even if it wasn't perpetual. 

After a while she hadn't realized she had fallen asleep again in the sheets that smelled like Jonathan when strong arms shook her "Kiara wake up. Do you want me to kiss you awake my sleeping beauty?" he said with a grin on his face. She sat up on the bed still in the robe wrapped around her, Kiara rubbed her eyes and looked up at Jonathan 

"So, what are we gonna do now?" 

He took a long breath and looked at her uncertainly, she could sense the uneasiness radiating of off him. "It's okay you can tell me what you are thinking." she reassured him.

"Okay, I have a plan but you can say no or tell me if something is wrong. Okay?" Kiara just nodded her head, she could take it she was sure after yesterday night. "Go ahead." she urged him.

"We know who our enemy is so, now it is easier for us to figure out a way to end this." he sighed. "We could inform the Clave the Shadowhunter government but I have no idea how it is now since it was very corrupt the last time I was in it. Plus they kinda thing I am dead and if I was alive they'd want me dead so that is off the table." 

"Your people have their own government?" Kiara asked shocked because he hadn't mentioned it yesterday.

"Did I forget to tell that?" she nodded "Sorry, you'll learn more today I promise."

"And why is that?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Because today... we are going to the Shadow Market."

-

Jonathan had given a brief outline of the Shadow market of London and told her mundanes are not allowed there so they have to make some adjustments to her appearance which Kiara didn't understand. Kiara didn't understand a lot of things but she had agreed to them because she trusted Jonathan. 

They were on a way to meet someone outside the city who would help them, Jonathan had bought some clothes with the little money left with them. They were wearing a pair of worn out jeans and some London merchandise t-shirts. They were walking on the side walk in silence when Jonathan broke it.

"We are here to see a warlock who will give you sight which you already have since you saw those demons last night but we can still make it better-" Jonathan was cut off  

"Why was I able to see them even when I was not suppose to." She asked

he was deep in though for a second then said "I am not sure but mundanes can also see through the glamour if they know what they are looking for, some mundanes have sight from birth because they have some faerie blood through generations. You look like a little bit of both." he was in deep thought again this time Kiara broke his trance by asking.

"you think I have faerie blood in me?" 

"maybe, I'm not sure. It is not like your mother or father is a faerie but may be you great-great great-great-great so on grandparents had a little faerie heritage in them." He shrugged. She understood what he meant but she was still confused about the whole situation, she decided to let it pass for now. The idea of her ancestors having an affair with a non-human gave her chills, but she told herself not to assumptions on this topic considering she had just realized the world she saw all her life was just a fragment of reality.

"We are here." Kiara was in her own mind that she forgot they were actually going somewhere, she looked up to see there was a small mansion all the outlook was modern glass doors and windows the exterior mostly made up of wood, it didn't look like- well she actually didn't know what it should look like. Maybe she was picturing some old house tilting side ways, with cobwebs and old pots to brew up dead people. She scolded herself for again making such stereotypical assumptions, they were not meeting a witch from some flopped '90s horror film.

"Come on let's go." She could sense the tension between Jonathan and this house she guessed he was nervous about meeting someone from his old life considering their last encounter was not that welcoming.

They were on the steps of the entrance when Jonathan's nerves gave up, he looked like he was about to pass out. "Kiara I can't do this, I don't think she would help me." He sighed and crouched down on the steps, he put his head in his hands. 

Honestly Kiara had no idea what she was suppose to do, she had never dealt with this stuff superhuman or not, she was not good with handling her or others emotions. Despite this she sat beside him and put her hand on his shoulder "Jonathan I have no idea what you should do, honestly." she broke off when he looked up at her, his eyes had bags underneath them, they were heavy with lack of sleep and stressed. Every time She thought she could see his soul through those glossy, forest green eyes, she could never even imagine them being any other color than green. "This is your call, if you don't want to do this it's okay we'll find another way" she finished and he smiled a little, she wasn't sure why but it made her heart flutter, not now Kiara pull it together he needs you, she scolded herself.

"Thank you" he finally said. "Why?" she asked. "You kinda just saved me from a panic attack, from the pain it could've been a heart attack" he laughed and she slapped his shoulder.

"Shut up" she playfully shoved him.

"No, seriously thank you" she gave him a smile, not a forced one she actually felt like she wanted to smile.

"So, what are we suppose to do?" she asked and he looked grim again. She mentally slapped herself for bringing it up, they could've been like that for a little more time.

"What are you two doing sitting her" A voice said from behind, coming from the door, they both turned at the same time to see in the doorway a blue colored lady with ivory hair wearing a white dress matching her hair holding a blade in her right hand looking at them in a way Kiara could not comprehend.

"Nice to meet you Catrina Loss." Jonathan said.