Past Hurts.

Slow motion, that's how it felt. It was just four stories but as they both fell time slowed down. Kiara couldn't see anything properly, she was only aware about Jonathan's arms around her. 

Everything else was a blur only he was real, Kiara should've been afraid but she was not, she had full faith in Jonathan that he knew what he was doing.

They reached the ground. It was grass not pavement so it was good for their fall. Kiara landed on Jonathan and they both rolled under away from the lamp post and into the shadows. 

As they stopped rolling Kiara realized she was still clinging to him for her life. She glanced up to see he was looking at her with concern.

"Are you alright?" he asked and lifted her so easily like she weighed like a feather. "Are you hurt? damn it " he said settling her own on his lap. she was relived that there was no lighting because she was blushing so furiously, she thought her face would catch fire.

"By the Angel you are hurt."  Jonathan said and she looked at him with confusion and they realized the pain searing through her arm.

She looked down and saw a huge gash running down her elbow. "It's fine I've had worse." She said with a smile which was true, her injuries were countless and few times she had to get stitches.

 But when she looked at Jonathan's bright green eyes sparkling even in darkness she saw guilt, concern, anger, and another emotion she couldn't put her finger on.

"Let's get out of here, before they realize we are here." she said and got up from his lap urging him to stand up.

when they got up reality struck her like a bus. "How are we going to get back?" she asked looking at Jonathan he looked broken, she didn't know what was he thinking but she guessed it had to do with the conversation with  Lenny.

"We can't go back, they will follow us and I can't put Holly in danger." She nodded cause she understood what he was saying.

"Okay I know a place two blocks from here, A motel we can spend the night there." Kiara said while leading the way.

They didn't have conversations while walking but she could sense Jonathan wanted to talk to her. She also wanted to say something but words died on her tongue. She was confused and intrigued by him more than ever but she understood if he wanted to tell her something he would tell her, she just had to wait, she could do that.

They reached the motel, it was not that good but they could spent one night. Kiara had been her before when she was on the run and place looked pretty much the same.

They went inside.

-

Jonathan was basically dying inside, his emotions were all over the place, his mind was drifting from past to present to the up coming future. 

He was afraid Kiara would confront him for all that happened back there but she was calm, and not in a yet-to-come storm type but the understanding type.

Their walk to the motel was eerily silent, Jonathan wanted to say a lot of things but couldn't find the way.

When they reached she didn't say anything. they stepped in with out a word. Jonathan let Kiara do the talking cause he sensed she had been to this place before plus He was in no shape to talk.

They got a single room because Jonathan had left the cash bag with the warlock and he had very less money on him.

He could've not let the demon trail them back to the hotel Holly would be in danger and that's the last thing wanted to do, put more people in danger. When he had told the reason to Kiara for not going back he had expected her to lash out and tell him that 'they had almost been killed and he wanted to think about someone who was safe' but instead she had been understanding and had helped him to find a place to crash. 

They both entered the room and Kiara put the key in the key slot and the lights flickered on. The room was not that big but it was better than what they had payed for, he guessed she had used her charm on the counter guy.

A king sized bed and a small desk in the corner, a television set and inbuilt heating systems in the room.

"I am gonna clean the wound before gets infected." Kiara declared "Are you hurt?" she asked him softly.

He had been caught up so much in his mind he had completely ignored the pain on his chest. He took off his shirt to see a small but quite deep wound there. Kiara gasped and reached for him but didn't touched the wound instead cupped his cheek.

"Oh My God..., We have to apply stiches to it," she turned so fast he almost missed it but caught her arm and brought her hand back to his face. "Don't worry about it, go treat your injury then I will show you magic." he winked at her, she was visibly blushing so much he chuckled.

 "No you are going to bleed out we have to look at it." 

"Don't you trust me. And I have had worse." he said at which she laughed. "Touche."

While he waited, his mind was again hay wiring, but he suppressed the anxiety and thought about Kiara, how she had been so brave while they were fighting demons for crying out loud. Even if she didn't know that still she knew they were worse than humans, he was falling for her bad and respected her even more.

His thoughts were interrupted when Kiara walked out without her top and just in a bra and skirt. "um... I can't wear the top it's ruined completely, I'll just get a robe." was all she said and then pulled out a robe from the wardrobe in the corner and pulled it over her body.

"So, what are you gonna do about the stab." she pointed towards his upper body.

"So, first swear you're not gonna freak out?" he warned her.

"Are you kidding after what I saw, the gem in his head guy and those tentacle-y thing what is going to freak me out?" she scoffed. wait she saw the demons with out the sight? he thought

"you could see them?" he asked stunned by her statement.

"Was I not suppose to?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"We'll figure out that later, but first I have to tell you something about me-" he was cut off.

"No, first you are going to fix that-" she pointed again at the wound "-or I will hit you on the head and carry you to a hospital." she threatened and Jonathan laughed "Okay."

He reached down and pulled out a stele from his shoes, he always had a stele on him, today was no different.

He took the stele and drew an iratze  on his arm. He winced a little at the effect of healing, his body temperature increased, the wound started to knit itself and in a few seconds it was properly healed no sign of a stab there.

Kiara's reaction was priceless, he eyes were wide, jaw was open wide and she looked like she was at a loss for words. "I-um... ah- I... uh... WHAT?" she basically screamed Jonathan put his hand on her mouth.

"You are gonna wake every one here." 

"What was that? How did you do that? Is it gone forever? Can you-" He cut her off.

"I know you have a lot of questions and before you ask them- yes it is gone forever, it is healed just like normal wounds you have just a little faster, No you cannot use it." at that she pouted "It will burn you alive." he stated and she looked a little confused. "Why didn't it burn you, are you a mutant?" at that Jonathan laughed.

 "You'll get all your answers when I tell you about my past, but I need you to promise me not think of me any different. I am not the same person and I don't mean like a metaphor, I mean it literally. That person was someone else not me and-"

"Jonathan It's okay I will not think any differently. If I start to judge people by their past and what they have done what will happen to me." she gave him a soft smile.

"Okay I'll tell you before I get sane and change my mind."