Closure

Kiara had a lot of questions but now was not the time. They had left Catarina's house in silence but it was not an awkward one but rather a stressed one. They were on the it way to the shadow market and hopefully their last adventure for sometime, but along with that, they had no idea what was waiting for them in the market. The road was lone and wet like it had rained a while ago, the sky still looked heavy with clouds, just a few cars passing them by from the sidewalk here and there, street lights were shining and their only source of light in the dark.

Kiara had learnt the best she could about this strange situation she had found herself into, but all this seemed familiar, it felt right. Not right that there was a murderous, warlock, a dark villain who was out to kill both of them but hearing things like warlocks and demons and shadow hunters which Jonathan was, making her think that there is so much more that what normal humans could comprehend. Jonathan knew so much but at the same time he was burdened with his past, way too much to appreciate her new found attraction towards his world. His world, she was with him in his world.

"Kiara you alright?" Jonathan asked her  in a concerned tone. "You haven't said anything since we left and now you have a crazy smile on your face." He pointed towards Kiara's lips as she realized a smile had creeped up to her face.

"Sorry. I-i was just... Thinking, I guess?" She stumbled upon her words a little, still breaking out of her daze. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing, just You." She blurted out without thinking, now realizing how the words sounded. Jonathan's eyes shot up "Me?" He asked. "Oh no, I meant I was thinking his you must not like the whole, evil villain-y warlock out to get us because of me." She meant it as a half joke and Jonathan seemed to like her fucked up sense of humor so he gave her a bright smile, she thought would light up the whole city of London, his eyes sparking with joy as he looked at her through his weary lashes. "Seriously? You're making jokes about it? And you know that it is not your fault right?" Jonathan asked, and Kiara was clearly aware that he would correct her if she tried to negate it. She sighed and nodded "I know that you wanna help me but you are doing it for no reason, you don't get anything out of this except more problems." Kiara turned to look into Jonathan's eyes "why are you doing this Jonathan? What is your reason to fight for?" Kiara asked with fury and at the moment Jonathan could only think of one reason: You. He wanted to fight for her, Hell, he wanted to fight with her, be with her.

Jonathan beside her looked down on the road, instead of saying anything remotely close to what he was thinking he said "Kiara I  helping you because I want to and I am getting something out of it too."

"And what is that?"

"Closure." He stated simply, "I've been running and hiding for the past 5 years of my life and my excuse for that  was harsh punishment of the Clave." He sighed, Kiara understood that the Shadowhunter government would probably have very strict rules also no government would appreciate homicide.

"I have been running away from me, hiding behind a mundane life so I don't feel burden or hate towards me anymore." He chuckled "obviously that didn't work." Kiara gave him a pained smile. She remembered that He is still a work in progress with his mental health.

"I guess once I have done something good for my people and you, the weight will not be as heavy as it is now." He looked at her right into her eyes, his eyes were glossy on the brink of tears, she felt a little pride when she realized Jonathan was not afraid to show her how he felt.

Kiara stopped in her tracks and turned towards him, he was clearly confused as to what was happening but before he could ask anything Kiara pulled him into a tight hug. After being stiff for a second Jonathan melted into her embrace, he let a few tears run down his cheek but they were not tears of sadness instead they were tears of joy, of finally finding comfort after tossing and turning looking for solace all around the place. Jonathan felt his worries being kept at bay, so many things could go wrong but right now none of them mattered.

Kiara was muttering words of comfort into his ears, in her soft soothing voice. Jonathan knew all this was not easy for her either so here they were, both of them wrapped up in each other's arms in the middle of nowhere on London streets but somehow it felt right.

-

"Okay so we are basically going in blind. We have no idea what is waiting for us in the market." Jonathan said as soon as the got closer to the entrance of the place. After the special moment both of them shared on the way things seemed more hopeful and this helped Jonathan come up with a scheme.

They were going in for more weapons but as a Warlock her former boss may have ties in the place. "We have to capture him and give him to the Shadowhunters so they can do whatever they want with him as he is considered a wanted man by the Clave. But for that we need to have a plan and that involves you listening and obeying. Got it?"

Kiara scowled at him but nodded her head "yes I get it."

"We have two plans for two different situations. But I am pretty sure the first one will be the one that will save us and possibly more innocent people." He said before he dove into the depths of his masterplan.

-

Kiara was waiting outside a stall inside the market while Jonathan made some deals, mundane with sight could be seen around but they stayed out of everyone's way, Shadowhunters were not welcomed in the market and Jonathan being with the face that committed crime not only against his people but against all of the downworlders too, would also not make him a compatible candidate for this place either so they had to be vigilante.

The stall she was waiting outside was run by a were wolf that knew Jonathan through Holly so he was sure that they could get information as well as illegal Shadowhunter weapons from this place.

When Jonathan stepped out of the shop she saw he was carrying two bags, she was by his side in now time. "What are in those?" She asked but he quickly nodded his head in a no reactin indicating her to not ask questions right now. "We need to find a safe space." He gestured towards the isolated area of the market.

She followed silently, her stomach was churning from excitement, nervousness and a little bit of fear.

"Okay so I brought arms which should be sufficient for us." He settled the bags on the grass that covered the whole place. There was no one around them, the place was eerily silent.

"I learnt that Lenny not only has Demons as his allies but also werewolves and sighted mundanes, that is a triple threat for us." He explained while kneeling on the ground opening the bags. "This one-" He pointed at the blue bag which was filled with crystal blades and other crystal weapons "is the one that will kill the demons, these are made from adamas metal, they are runed that will clear the existence of the demon it has killed, making it impossible for it to stay alive, but you are aware that you cannot use them." He said and she nodded, she was a mundane and only people blessed with the Angel's blood can carry these weapons. "We cannot use these weapons on a human but for downworlders it will suffice. But a werewolf can easily be wounded with a silver bullet so I brought you these." He opened the other bag, it was filled with ammunition, guns and blades. "All theses are non-runed, silver metal baldes and bullets meaning they cannot kill a demon but are enough to hurt a werewolf, human or-"

"A warlock." Kiara finished the sentence for him and he smiled at her. "Yes, it also means that you need to have distance from the warlock because they have magic and are dangerous-"

A rustling caught both of their attention, both of them whirled around looking for the source of commotion when suddenly Jonathan whispered "now" in Kiara's ears, she didn't think, she just bloated in the opposite direction of the shadow market, making way throught the crowd and finding herself in a clear landing with not living thing within miles.

---

A/n: sorry for the cliff hanger. Lol