Worth it.

Kiara woke up when she felt like they were not moving anymore. She turned to see Jonathan was looking at her.

"You awake?" He asked with a light voice. He had an amazing voice. She thought but pushed it aside and said.

"Yeah. Where are we?" She yawned. She looked outside and it looked like evening time.

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"Not much, only forty five minutes. I am not exactly sure where we are so, I thought maybe we take a break, eat something?" He asked looking for conformation. She nodded 'yes'.

Jonathan had parked the car in the small parking lot and in front of it was a diner with bright neon lights which read 'open 24 hours.'

'

They both got out of the car and started walking toward the diner which was on the highway.

"Can I ask you about your family?" Kiara asked cautiously. She didn't want to upset him or send him a panic attack like before.

"Oh yeah, my father died in an accident and I have a sister and mother plus a step father." He said but she felt like he was hiding something.

"You don't see them?"

"We had some greviences so I had to leave them." He said looking a little grim. "Don't worry I did it to keep them happy." He gave her a weak smile.

-

They sat in a booth opposite to each other at the diner and the waitress gave them two menus and went along.

While Kiara was deciding what to eat Jonathan's mind drifted of back to their conversation. He wanted to tell her about his past life but he wondered if she knew it would she think of him as a monster too. Will she be able to understand his situation or will she leave him, so he decided to put the thought aside and focus on the now which was ordering dinner.

A new waitress with auburn hair and dark makeup came along and said "I am Laura, I'll be serving you tonight, what would you like to order."

"I'll have a turkey on rye." Kiara said and looked at me.

"I'll have a hamburger. Thank you" he said. Laura wrote the order down, gave him a wink and walked back to the kitchen.

"Okay do ladies or gentlemen usually throw themselves at your feet?" She asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Usually." He says "but I don't like the attention." He sighs and leans back in the booth. He smirked at her reaction. She seemed pissed but was enjoying the conversation.

"I should've known you were one of those guys." She said.

"I am not like other guys, sweetheart." He said and she sighed in defeat.

"Okay, fine I know you are doing this only to vex me and I am not going to fall for it. Ha." She said and folded her arms in front of her chest.

"I don't know what you are talking about." He said innocently.

"Whatever." And they both started laughing. In so long he had not laughed like this, it only felt what is the word 'natural'.

After a while their dinner came along and they eat while making small talk.

Suddenly Kiara perked up and said. "Oh my God you left your job." He seemed calm about it too clam. "You are supposed to be at your job, you are not supposed to be helping me." She seemed to be loosing her mind by the way she was jumping in her seat.

"Don't worry I doesn't matter I have enough money to live my life without having a job." He said convincingly, money was not at all an issue for him. He had enough fortune to make an unexpected trip. "Plus I have paid leaves, which I have not used in three years so..."

She seemed to have calmed down after hearing his reason.

After eating their meal she went to the bathroom and the waitress sorry Laura was making their bill. "Here you go and call me." She gave the bill and a napkin which had a number on it, he assumed was her number. At the same time Kiara came back and sat in her seat.

"Sorry I am not interested." He said turning towards Laura.

"Okay no problem" she said and turned to Kiara and passed her the napkin. "Call me." She winked and walked away.

After walking out of the diner he turned to Kiara and she turned to him and they both burst out laughing.

"Wait, wait... first she flirted with you and then... asked me to call her." They both were still laughing like crazy some people gave them stink eye but they could care less.

"Yeah that was unexpected." Jonathan declared. "Let's get moving." He said and they both got in the car.

"Wait you are not driving. You need to rest." She said to him while being seated in the passenger seat.

He was about to protest when she put a finger on his lips. "No further argument." She declared.

He almost thought about leaping forward and kissing her. Almost.

"Okay." Jonathan said defeated.

They both swapped palces. But were still standing in the parking lot.
"Where should we go?" Kiara asked first.

"I was thinking London will be the most unexpected place, since you ran from there they will most likely not expect you to come back." He explained his strategy. He continued,

"The guy who is after you needs to know you are not a threat so, we will pay him back and you will be free to go."

"Wait wait. What do you mean we will pay? You are not paying for my mistake." She declared.

"Let me pay now and clear you name, after you can earn and pay me back so there will be no debt." He said. "Deal? Come on, do you have a better idea?" He asked, she opened her mouth to say something but he cut her and continued.

"Look it is better to have me as a threat than them, because I am not going to kill you or torture you, I just have to wait until you pay up." He said and waited for her to make up her mind.

At last she said "fine. Ugh you are so bossy."

He smiled at her and said "come on, next stop London."

She smiled back "okay let's go. But you are not staying awake, you need to rest."

After a minute or so Jonathan fell asleep and for in the first time in forever he didn't have a nightmare with blood and death.