Chapter 1

Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada sat in the waiting room thinking about her life. Her face was blank. There was no emotion on her face. In fact it seems like there is no emotions left inside her.The Girl whose face always held happiness like her name, was bereft of any emotions.

She sat there calmly unlike the other occupants of the room. Some were crying, some sad, some anxious, some impatient. Obviously nobody would be happy sitting in the waiting room of one of the most famous supreme court lawyer's office. All were there for one or other cases. Even her. But there was no tinge of impatience in her.

Maybe a little bit of apprehension regarding the person she was going to meet. The person who she never wanted to meet in her life. The person who she never thought she would meet willingly. The person who she loved the most and hated the most in her life. Her mother. Her birth mother.

She hated her so much that she preferred to call herself orphan than ever saying her name. She didn't know why she came here to meet her. Why she decided to entrust the most crucial case of her life in the hands of her. Her mother. As a mother, she never trusted her. But still she was here, sitting in the waiting room of her office, waiting for her turn to meet her.

Maybe because she trusted her as a lawyer. She trusted her to get justice for her as a lawyer. After all she never lost any case she fought and was always a very good lawyer. Maybe that was why she decided to let her fight the most important and life changing case of her life.

But as the time passed, her apprehension increased. She started contemplating whether she did right coming here. She almost decided to leave when she heard her name being called. She calmed herself and walked towards the cabin, the secretary showed.

She opened the door and walked inside. She stood in front of her mother. Her mother looked up and immediately a look of shock passed through her face.

"Khushi..." Her mother, Gayathri Singh Rajput whispered in surprise.

" Her mother, Gayathri Singh Rajput whispered in surprise

Gayathri Singh Rajput

Khushi looked at her blankly. She was not here for rekindling their relationship or small talk. She was past that phase with her. She has no interest in changing anything between them. She was here for professional help. She wanted nothing more, nothing less.

"Khushi... you here?" Gayathri asked confused. "Come sit." She said with a small smile leaving all her work.

Khushi sat down and just looked at her blankly.

"What will you have? Tea, juice?" Gayathri asked taking the phone to order.

"No. Nothing. I am not here for all this. I... I want you to fight a case for me." Khushi directly came to the point.

Gayathri's face fell. The smile was wiped off from her face. She was seeing her daughter after three years. The last time they met, something very bad happened between them. After that, Khushi left house and asked her to never try to find her.