Chapter 20

Payal walked out of the court as soon as the hearing ended. Akash tried to go behind her to talk to her. But before he could reach her, she hailed an auto and left from there. Soon Raizadas also left from there in their own convertibles.

Khushi went to Gayathri as soon as the hearing ended.

"What was that?" She asked directly without beating around the bush.

"What?" Gayathri asked with an amused smile.

"I clearly asked you not to bring Payal Jiji and Akash Jiju into this case. Then why did you reveal that forced marriage and contract thing? Do you have any idea how this was going to affect their relation? It could ruin everything. And that divorce papers. Why did you brought them to court? Arnavji gave them to me after our second marriage, to reassure me and for my peace of mind. I should have destroyed it then itself. I don't know why I kept it. Even though I kept it, I shouldn't have told you about it, knowing your nature. I should have understood that you would go to any extend to win the case." Khushi said angrily with tears.

"Khushi, I..." Gayathri felt bad seeing her daughter misunderstanding and accusing her like this. She tried to make her understand.

But cutting her, Khushi said in anguish. "No. Don't say anything. It was my fault. I shouldn't have believed you and gave you that papers, when you said that you wanted to check that papers to confirm the authenticity and legality of that papers. You told me that you wouldn't bring that divorce matter in court. But you lied to me. Also you submitted those papers in court that I gave trusting you. Why did you do that? Do you have any idea how it will affect Payal Jiji and her marriage? What if something bad happens to her?" Khushi cried.

Gayathri sighed. "Khushi, listen. You please calm down first. I will explain you everything. But first stop crying. It's not good for your health." Gayathri consoled her. Taking the water bottle out of her bag, Gayathri made her drink some water.

Khushi gulped down the water and relaxed a bit. Gayathri sighed in relief.

"Khushi, I know you are feeling angry and betrayed, right now. I remember that you asked me not to bring that forced marriage or blackmailing matter to court. But trust me, I only decided to bring this matter to court, after thinking very much.

"Khushi, this matter is the centre of your marriage with Arnav. Everything started from that point. It was very necessary to discuss this matter in court. Can't you see how much this matter has helped us in this case.

"Also Khushi, contrary to what you think, I didn't bring this matter up only to make the case stronger on our side. It was for Payal, also." Gayathri said sincerely.

"What do you mean?" Khushi asked frowning.

"Khushi, Payal may not be my real neice nor I share a close relationship with her like you and Garima Jiji. But I do care for Payal. I had no intention to ruin her life or cause any trouble to her by bringing this matter up." Gayathri said calmly.

"So you think this matter won't affect Payal Jiji?" Khushi sneered.

"I know it will have some effects on Payal's life. But don't you think that is necessary. Till when can you hide this matter and protect her. One day or another, this reality of her marriage and her husband will come in front of her, then what. Do you think she will not be hurt then.

"Khushi, you got married to Arnav, to save Payal's marriage. Arnav kept blackmailing you using that, and you kept enduring everything silently for Payal's sake. But till when can you do it? Can you guarantee that Arnav won't blackmail you in future keeping Akash and Payal's marriage at stake again? What if he threaten you to stop this divorce using Payal's marriage?