Chapter 9

Next day morning

Khushi and Arnav got up slowly and started getting ready one by one. After getting ready, Arnav came out of the room and saw Khushi standing by the stairs railing and looking at something happening downstairs with curious eyes.

Confused, he also came behind her and looked to see what she was seeing with so much interest. His eyes widened seeing the scene happening downstairs. A "What the" escaped his lips unknowingly. Khushi was startled and looked behind to see Arnav standing with shocked look.

She gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Khushi, what's happening downstairs?" Arnav asked bewildered.

"Well your dear Sheetal couldn't stay without her ASR. So she came back early in the morning itself." Khushi replied mockingly.

Arnav looked at her helplessly. "Khushi..."

"What?? Your girlfriend couldn't stay away from you for a day and came back early in the morning itself. Go. Go and welcome her." Khushi said sarcastically.

Arnav shook his head. "What the hell is she doing here? Why did she come back?" Arnav asked frustrated.

"Who knows?" Khushi said shrugging. Both Arnav and Khushi looked at Sheetal hugging Mami and crying her heart out. Arav was sitting beside Anjali and hugging her tightly looking at Sheetal sadly. Khushi rolled her eyes seeing the drama.

"Mami, I.. I... I am scared. That man... my house owner. He... he was looking at me weirdly since we went there. He... he kept staring at me. Sometimes winking at me, sometimes trying to corner me, brushing against me. He left from there after sometime. Then Aman also left.

"We were going to sleep. Then, I heard someone knocking the door. When I opened the door, he was standing there. He immediately came inside and locked the door. I asked him to leave. But he didn't listened. He started coming close to me. He... he..." saying that Sheetal started crying.

"Hearing my cries, Arav came there. Seeing him, he ran away. I was scared for the whole night. I couldn't sleep even a bit. Everytime I closed my eyes, his disgusting look and touch scared me. As soon as it was morning, we left from there. I was so scared. I... I...." Sheetal started crying hysterically.

The Raizada ladies's eyes were also moist. Mami hugged and tried to console her. Anjali hugged Arav. Nani had a sad look. Akash, Payal and NK stood silently not knowing how to react.

Arnav's eyes were only on Khushi. He was keenly observing her trying to gauge her reaction. She looked lost in thoughts. She was seeing Sheetal curiously as if trying to solve a big mathematical problem.

"Why are you looking at Sheetal like that?" Arnav asked curiously.

Khushi looked at him and replied shrugging. "I was trying to understand what is so special about her that every man who sees her looses their self control and start running behind her. First you, now her house owner. Is she so attractive? Do you men feel something different seeing her that you couldn't resist her?" Khushi asked curiously.

"What the..." Arnav looked at Khushi shocked. Then looking at Sheetal, he started feeling disgusted. "She? Yuck. She isn't even one percent as beautiful as you. Looks like distant relative of some chimpanzee." Arnav said making a gagging face.

Khushi rolled his eyes at her. "Yeah, right. That's why you were running behind her like a puppy for the past six months. Yeah, for all the attention you showered on her, she seriously do look like the distant relative of chimpanzee." Khushi said sarcastically.

Arnav felt like he was slapped. He looked down ashamed. Khushi shook her head tiredly. She looked down and saw Mami still trying to console Sheetal.

"Sh... sh... calm downwa. It's OK. Don't worry. You are fine. You are safe. Nothing to worry." Mami said consoling her.