Chapter 12

After lunch, everyone once again reached court. Raizadas stood outside the court waiting for Mr Roy. They saw Khushi coming with Gayathri. Arnav looked at Khushi with regret and apology. Khushi looked at him for a moment and looked away. She came and stood in a corner a little away from Raizadas.

Gayathri saw Arnav looking at Khushi with sad eyes. She observed him for a few minutes. She couldn't understand him much. The man she heard in her daughter's stories and the man in front of her seemed so different. That man was ruthless and brutal, but this man. He seem to be sad and heartbroken. His eyes held love. Such a contrasting behaviour, is it possible for a human.

If one of this is truth and other fake. Then which is his real character. That brutal monster who destroyed her daughter or this loving husband who is fighting for her daughter earnestly. Nonetheless, she decided to meet her son in law once formally.

Gayathri walked towards Arnav with calculated steps. Raizadas stiffened seeing her walking towards them with a soft smile. She came and stood in front of Arnav. Arnav looked at the woman with confused eyes. He was seeing the woman for the third time in his life.

He had heard about her from news. She is a famous lawyer, so not hearing about her is inevitable. But he had never seen her in person or interacted with her. In fact he never even bothered about her existence till the day he came to know she was his wife's lawyer. Since then, he had tried to find out about her.

Her professional life, her previous cases, the way she handles her cases, what she does in such cases, he has done a small research so that he have an idea what to be expected in court. But more than her, he was focused on her juniors as Mr Roy kept telling him that she wouldn't appear for this case personally.

So he didn't know much about her personality or her fighting ways, as he didn't give much importance to that. But whatever he learned about her scared him as well as made him admire and respect her. She is a strong willed woman like his Khushi. He has only met a few woman with such strength and will power. Maybe that's what makes Khushi close to her or made her fight for Khushi.

And the two times, he met her, something in him told that she is similar to Khushi. Something connected them. Like she is connected to his Khushi on a personal level. And that strange feeling made him confused.

"Hello. We haven't met each other formally till now. So thought why not meet you all once. Hi, I am Gayathri Singh Rajput. Khushi's m.... lawyer." Gayathri said smiling extending her hand for a shake with Arnav.

"Hi. Arnav. Arnav Singh Raizada." Arnav said shaking her hand.

Gayathri turned to the other Raizadas and said, "I know Mrs Manorama Raizada. Other than her, I don't know you all. So..."

The Raizadas looked at each other. Then sighing, Nani said introducing them, "I am Devyani Raizada, Arnav's Nani. This is Anjali, Arnav's elder sister. You know Manorama, Arnav's Mami. This is Akash, Manorama's son. Then that is Payal, Akash's wife and Khushi Bitiya's elder sister. That is NK, Nandkishore Shekhawat, Manorama's sister's son. And that's Sheetal Kapoor, Arnav's friend."

"Oh, so she is the one." Gayathri said scrutinizing Sheetal from top to bottom. She gave a mocking smile.

Sheetal felt conscious under Gayathri's penetrating eyes. She felt as if Gayathri could see right through her. For some reasons that woman frightened her. It was as if she would unearth her secret just by looking at her. Sheetal shifted on her legs uncomfortably.

Gayathri gave her one more overall look and turned to the Raizadas with a soft smile. "Nice meeting you all. Now I have to go." She said and walked to Khushi.

The Raizadas kept looking at her. Reaching Khushi, she turned and gave them a sly smile. Her eyes looking at them challengingly. The Raizadas shuddered at that. Gayathri held Khushi's hand and took her inside protectively. Khushi who was lost in her thoughts, followed a bit confused.