Chapter 8

Next day morning

Khushi opened her eyes lazily. She was still feeling sleepy. Opening her eyes, she saw Arnav lying beside her on recliner. She was partially lying over him. His one hand held her hand. Other was wrapped around her tummy unknowingly holding their little ones protectively.

Khushi kept looking at him as it took a few minutes for her mind to register the situation. Immediately she jumped out of the recliner away from him. But the sudden jump made her feel dizzy and nauseous. She ran to the washroom and started retching. Arnav woke up hearing the sound.

Realising that the sound is coming from the washroom. He ran inside and saw Khushi kneeling near the commode and vomiting. He immediately reached near her. Holding her hair away from her face, he slowly started rubbing her back as she emptied her stomach.

After vomiting, Khushi was tired. She slumped against a worried Arnav. Arnav held her as she regularised her breath and regained her composure. After that, Khushi pulled herself out of Arnav's arms and started brushing her teeth. Arnav kept looking at her as she brushed and washed her face.

Then Khushi came out to take her clothes for the day, totally ignoring Arnav. Arnav followed her with worry. He saw her again going to the bathroom with the clothes. He also followed her. When Khushi saw him entering the bathroom again following her, she stopped him at the door by holding her hands.

"Where do you think you are going?" Khushi asked him with an annoyed look.

"Khushi, are you alright? You were vomiting and feeling dizzy just few minutes back. Are you feeling well. Do you want to go to doctor. Why am I asking you. You get ready I will take you to the doctor?" Saying that Arnav started going to take his clothes to get ready.

Hearing his concern filled voice, a lot of things started coming in Khushi's mind. Unknown to Arnav, her eyes moistened. Soon, she composed herself and said in a passive voice. "I am alright. You don't have to worry about me unnecessarily. Go and take care of your dear Sheetal's comforts."

"Khushi..." Arnav called in anguish. He shook his head helplessly. Then he again started going inside.

"What are you doing? Why are you coming inside again and again? I have to get ready." Khushi asked frowning.

"Khushi, you were feeling dizzy few minutes back. What if you feel dizzy again or worse got unconscious. I will help you today in getting ready." Arnav said worried.

"What???" Khushi shouted in shock. "What nonsense are you saying? How can you come inside like that?" Khushi asked bewildered.

"Come on, Khushi. Why are you screaming like this. I am your husband. It is not like there is something that I haven't seen before. Come, let me help you." Arnav said smirking.

Khushi's eyes widened hearing that. Her jaws dropped. "Haw... you... you... Get out." Khushi said in irritation.

"Come on, Khushi. Why are you shying like a newly wed bride. If I had my way, then by now we will already be expecting our little Khushi. Don't worry we can still try." Arnav said smirking.

"Huh." Khushi looked at him confused. Her hand unconsciously went to her tummy. But she was completely clueless now. What is he talking. Why is he behaving like he doesn't know about the babies. Didn't he read the divorce notice. Doesn't he know about my pregnancy. Khushi was lost in thoughts.

"So what do you think, Khushi? Shall we start the process." Arnav asked enjoying teasing her.

"For what?" Khushi asked confused.

"Shall we start the process of bringing a little Khushi? Trust me I will not disappoint you." Arnav whispered in her ears in a husky voice.

Khushi's eyes widened hearing that. She gulped nervously. "What the... You... Get out..." Khushi started pushing Arnav out who teasingly tried to go inside.