Chapter-16

Lauren Hart

"Lauren, when am I going to the amusement park?"

"Ask your uncle, buddy. It's up to him." I mumbled without lifting my eyes off my laptop screen. It was noon and I was lying on my bed, flat on my stomach with my legs flying in the air and my face facing the headboard of the bed. I was working; sending replies to the emails and Ryan was lying beside me on his stomach, looking into the screen without knowing anything about what I was doing on my laptop.

I hadn't even typed another word and I felt the side of the mattress wave. I looked at my side to find Ryan gone. Whoa, that was quick! Shaking my head in amusement I again began to do my work. Within the next minute, I heard the knock on the door. I, without breaking my focus said loudly,

"Come in Ryan."

For a while, I didn't hear any noise but when I heard a familiar clearing of the throat, I bolted up in a sitting position with the laptop on my lap. I looked at the intruder—well not exactly, I gave him permission to enter— with Ryan standing beside him. Mr. Peterson wasn't looking at me but roaming his eyes here and there. Goodness, I was wearing shorts and I think I gave him a good show of my legs. It's not that he hadn't seen me in shorts—I wore them comfortably at his place— but this time he saw me lying on my stomach with a good view of my back. Ugh!

"Yes, Mr. Peterson?" I asked after adjusting myself only then his eyes landed on me.

"Go get ready, we are going to the amusement park."

His statement turned my eyes wide. "Me? But I gave the idea for you two to spend some quality time together." I reasoned out.

"Well, you were the one who gave the idea so you'll have to stick with us as Ryan won't leave without you." He replied casually and I flicked my eyes to Ryan who was now grinning widely while looking at me. I passed him a gentle smile. If it were for Mr. Peterson, I'd have said no but I couldn't say no to Ryan.

I raised my eyes again but I was uneasy about one thing. "Uh, okay but—"

As if he knew what I wanted to say, he cut me off in between. "Don't worry about anyone seeing us together as I've already confirmed that none of our mutual known people are going out as they are busy so we'll be safe from being caught. You just have to confirm from your housemate."

I already knew what he meant by mutual know people; they were Knights and Adams. It was relieving that he had already run his brain cells. And I knew about my housemate, Chrisy; she would be at work.

"Okay, then, I'll dress up," I muttered.

"Be quick as I don't want Ryan to cut his trip short." Saying that he left the room and I threw daggers at his back. What did he think I'd take hours to dress up? No, I was very quick when it comes to dressing up.

I huffed and then bolted out of the bed in utter excitement; we were going to an amusement park. Yay!

I quickly grabbed Ryan's hand. "Come on, buddy, let's dress you up first."

:::::::::::::::

After dressing up and packing some essentials in a handbag I headed downstairs where I knew that impatient man was waiting for me as he had already called for me five minutes back.

"Finally, you are here." He grunted. "I told you not to take much time." I decided not to come up with a retort as it would have taken much more time than my dressing up took.

"And why are you carrying this heavy bag? We are going to an amusement park, not for a two days trip." He scowled.

I frowned. "The bag contains essentials, Mr. Peterson." I then raised my hand and began to count. "I have packed a water bottle, face wipes, antiseptic wipes, tissues, hand wash, sanitizer, pain relief spray, and some medicines —in case we need it— some energy bars and snacks for all of us, and—"