Chapter-50

Excuse the typos and errors. Have written this chapter in a hurry.
__________________________________________

Sean Peterson

I adjusted my bow tie while looking at my reflection in the mirror. Oh, how I wish I could barge into the room where Lauren had been getting ready and have her do my tie, I had to settle with Xavier doing it for me. I tricked Xavier into helping me by saying I wanted assistance on my special day.

After getting dressed I stood at the altar impatiently waiting for Lauren to grace the ceremony with her presence. For the time being, I mentally appreciated the organizers for fulfilling Lauren's wish. A beach wedding was something she wanted, so I booked a beach resort for the wedding and the reception. She wanted the altar to be set at the edge of the beach where the music of waves masks the sound of the music system. She wanted to exchange the vows right when the sky illuminates with the magical colors when the sun prepares to move down the horizon; I made sure to fulfill her every wish. We were getting married in the evening beach wedding ceremony.

I didn't notice that I had my gaze fixed on the aisle until Daniel's infamous teasing reached my ears.

"Look how desperate he's to get married; can't take off his eyes from the empty aisle. Come on, Sean babe, you can blink, give rest to your eyes because Lauren isn't going anywhere, she'll come to you and only you."

I looked over my shoulder to send him a glare showing him how much I regret asking him to be one of the groomsmen and Daniel being Daniel raised mocking eyebrows proudly conveying I had no other choice. I gazed at my other groomsman, Xavier only to find him stifling his laugh. Shaking my head, I decided to leave it like that since they would not change, no matter what.

I took my gaze off them and looked forward and as if they were waiting for me to look away, they again began their nonsense talk.

"Why do I keep remembering my wedding day when Sean clearly said he would not get married because he hates the idea of settling down?" I heard Daniel say. I fisted my hand in front and fixed a smile on my face, not wanting to punch him on my wedding day.

"And he also said he can't bear the tantrums of woman all his life." Xavier joined the commenting fest.

I heard Daniel chuckle. "And look today he is getting married to the woman who, I presume, throws tantrums beyond his enduring limit."

Xavier chuckled as well. "I wonder what has changed. He's giving his freedom to a woman for life."

I cursed myself for saying all that. You never know how and when your life takes a turn you end up doing what you thought you would never do. I did say I did not want to get married but everything changed after the entry of Lauren into my life.

Then I heard Daniel sigh. "I think I should have made bet back at my wedding. You remember Xavier, I told you he'll fall for the loud and bold one?"

"The crazy one to be precise." Xavier laughed. They both laughed.

My jaw ticked. "Don't punch them. Don't pay heed to them. It's your wedding, your day, just keep calm and patiently wait for your bride." I kept chanting in my head. However, my poor ears kept enduring the torture of the mocking comments thrown at me.

I thought my ears would bleed anytime soon when the slow, romantic melody soothed my ears and my eyes landed on the beauty laced in a white and soft pink combination wedding gown. Everything else except her disappeared from my vision, my heartbeat quickened and my gaze got locked on her. Slowly, she walked down the aisle, and as she neared me I could see her smiling through the veil. Seeing her smile was something that made me gratified. Her happiness could be seen even when her face was covered with the veil and that's what I have always wanted, her happiness.