Chapter 20

INTERPLAY

Chapter 20

He sighed when he reached Mia's office. Nang puntahan kasi niya ang bahay nito ay walang tao kaya't inisip niyang bumalik ito sa opisina at hindi nga siya nagkamali.

Pagpasok niya ay nakita niyang umiiyak na ito habang pumapailanlang sa ere ang kantang "I love you, always forever" mula sa speakers. Nag m – moment na yata ang katipan niya.

"Mia ..." He called. Nang tunghayin siya nito ay lalo lamang itong humagulhol ng iyak. Inilang hakbang niya ang pagitan nila at niyakap niya ito ngunit umalis ito sa pagkakayakap niya. Napabuntong hininga siya at naisuklay ang daliri sa buhok. "Babe, bago ka mag isip ng kung ano ay hayaan mo muna akong magpaliwanag. Please?"

"Is this the reason why you refused to move in with me?" Mabilis na tanong nito.

"God, no."

"Is it truly yours, the baby?" Tanong nito sa kanya.

"No." He answered immediately.

"Then why the hell is she telling you about it?" Mia asked. Crying louder and throwing the used tissues at him.

He pulled her and wrapped his arms around her. Inalo niya ang likuran nito ngunit mas lalo lamang umiyak si Mia.

"She's asking for Illac's contact information."

"Illac's?" She blinked at him. "Why?" She asked but her eyes went wide as she looked up at him, and he nodded. "You mean ... the baby is Illac's?"

He shrugged, but nodded again.

"I am not sure but Audrey and I were over a long time ago. Believe me, Mia." She still look unconvinced but nodded.

"So it's Illac's?" She softly asked.

"I think so."

"Meaning I cried for nothing." She said, pouting her lips.

He grinned but kissed her temple.

"That's why you should have waited for my explanation before jumping to conclusion, okay?"

"What do you want me to think? Your ex is in your office, and she's telling you about her pregnancy."

"Uh huh, but next time you eavesdrop, listen to the whole conversation." He teased and cupped both of her cheeks to plant a kiss on her soft and still quivering lips. "Now tell me, am I forgiven?" He asked after the soft kiss. Kung patatawarin siya nito ay isang mapusok at malalim na halik ang naghihintay rito.

"No, I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry, I doubted you."

"No, it's okay. But next time, we have to talk to each other. We cannot allow a misunderstanding ruin us. I know your past has a part in this doubt of yours."

"So she isn't the reason why you refuse to move in with me?"

"No. I simply would like to put a ring on you first before asking you to live with me."

She gasped at his admission.

"Well, I know you haven't asked me that question, but if you'll ask me, I will definitely say "Yes"." She blabbered and that brought an arrogant grin on his face.

"Way to go to boost my ego, my Emiliana."

She grinned at him also and tiptoed to kiss his cheek before she decided to push him down the sofa inside her office and mount him.