Chapter 16

INTERPLAY

Chapter 16

After dinner with Mia’s family, they decided to head back to her place. Sinisimulan na nito ang paggawa ng scented candles at ng sabon.

Her house smells like heaven. He thinks that maybe this is what heaven smells like. His girl is busy mixing oils while he is watching her.

Mia is so adorable with the satin ribbon on her hair and her ruffled apron.

He walked behind her and wrapped her with his arms.

“What is that?” He asked when she’s putting something from a bottle in the mixture.

“Essential oil. Smell it.” Sabi nito at inilapit ang bote sa kanya.

“Rose?” He asked and she nodded. “Smells nice, like you.” Sagot niya pa at humalik sa gilid ng leeg nito. They stayed that way until she’s done doing her first batch of soap.

He is looking forward to put the soap into an assessment.

-

Napasimangot siya nang makita na naman si Jace sa may gallery ni Mia. But something is not right, parang iba yata si Jace sa pagkakataong ito. Kung hindi siya nagkakamali ay parang lasing yata si Jace.

“Come on, Mia. This is the last time.”

“Jace, no. You have to quit. I won’t lend you money anymore.”

“What’s happening?” He butted in. When he’s closer, it’s clear that Jace had a drink. Maybe a couple or more.

“Attorney! I’m only borrowing money from Mia. Nothing new. Tell her to give me money, you are her boyfriend.” Jace answered.

“She’s saying “no”.” Saad niya. Tumabi naman sa kanya si Mia at humawak sa braso niya.

“Come on, Mia, Attorney. This is going to be the last time.”

“Jace, no. Pinag usapan na rin natin ito noong nakaraan. You need to stop gambling.”

“I promise, this is the last time.”

“No.” Mariing sagot ni Mia.

“You have to leave. She’s saying “no”.” Sabi naman niya kay Jace.

“Attorney, look. She’ll give me money soon. She’s nice like that, and can you please just fuck off?”

“You are drunk, Jace.” Si Mia ulit.

“Come on, Mia. Just give me money and I’ll be out of your hair.”

“No.” Nananatiling sagot ni Mia.

“You should leave.” Dagdag naman niya.

“… and you stay with her? How nice of you, Attorney. You used to ignore Mia before, and now you’re here with her? What do you want from her?” Tanong ni Jace sa kanya, at hindi niya gusto ang tono nito.

“Jace, just go. I’ve had enough of your schemes.” Bumuntong hininga na sabi ni Mia at mahigpit pang humawak sa braso niya. He put his hand over her hand to assure her that they will handle Jace together.

“Do you think he likes you for you?” Jace said, gesturing at Mia. “This guy wants something from you for sure. Your money, your influence, a good time, you know what I mean.”

“That’s not true.” Sagot ni Mia kay Jace.

“Oh yeah? Tell me you haven’t given this guy any of that.”