34 - Date Night

Myra PoV

After a lot of uncertainty and self-loathing, Rudra made peace with his father, I was the first one that he informed, he told me every minuscule point about their conversation, how his dad simply hugged him after he knew that now Rudra was aware of the reality, how Rudra kept apologizing like a small child and how in return his dad apologized for not letting them know the truth as the reality would impose unbearable pain and misery, his dad said it was better this way, that hating him would be easier than suffering every minute thinking about his ill-health.

Rudra wished to tell and explain the real thing to his mother and his younger brother but his dad didn't let him do that he said I am fine now and there is no need to burden them with the truth now maybe someday in the future, but not now, Rudra promised his dad that he shall make every endeavor to put back together with their relationship as a family.

Truly family is a circle of strength, everything falls in place with family.

I have never seen Rudra this happy and calm after things were good between him and his dad, his dad also visited us and stayed with us in the penthouse, he is honestly a very humble and kind man, and true to his word he treated me like his own daughter.

Those few days he stays with us I was happiest as I loved living with a family and this is so ideal and perfect and another thing he is very intellectual and competitive when Rudra and dad played chess it would take at least an hour to complete a game, both refused to be defeated, whereas I laughed at their childlike loveable behavior over a chess game

When I used to play with dad, he always let me win purposely he made all efforts to make it look like an authentic win but I have seen him playing with Rudra and I could make out that he is losing deliberately but that made him so pleased so even I played along and celebrated my win like a boss.

Dad even liked cooking, he granted the holiday to the cooks for a few days, he taught me so different country delicacies, he decorated dishes like an expert and present them so tidily and flawlessly, dinner was so much fun as Rudra would pass some foul remark playfully about the food, where I and dad would tease him to make his own meal than, laughter and banter echoed in the home, making the place so lively and joyful.

So much happiness around, the feeling loved, every second spent is simply priceless.

*********

After a few days he left to attend his business making me all gloomy but Rudra was there to cheer me up, in a few days I connected really well with dad, I started to miss him the very instant he left, to cheer me up he planned a date night, first some movie and later dinner.

Rudra being Rudra a little extra placed my dress, accessories, and heels with a note Be ready by 7 and at your service ma'am, these gestures make me happy and laugh at the same time.