21- The Meeting

Myra POV

The meeting with his family was not as dreadful as I thought of, his mother is one sweet lady it was hard to believe Rudra is her child, I was all jumpy and alarmed the entire time his mother noticed and politely said "Beta (Child) please be comfortable, don't be so anxious" to which I replied "Thanks Aunty", 

"I was initially shocked when Rudra said he loved a girl and wishes to get married, when we used to ask him to get married, he was always so grumpy and indifferent, but now he is more than ready, and now I am content after meeting you that you both will make a perfect pair and if Rudra chooses you and if he is so happy with you, I would love you as my daughter-in-law", Rudra Mom said and kissed my forehead,

 "And my dear you are so beautiful, my son is lucky to have a princess like you" she continued admiring me.

In other scenarios, this would be a dream for a girl but not for me.

"So what mom, I am also a prince", Rudra whined like a child

 "Yes Rudra you will always be my prince, such a kid," his mom said while patting his shoulder.

 I refuse to believe that this the same Rudra, the one I know is a devil in human form, and I am totally terrified of him, I hardly spoke anything as Rudra had given all the details of myself and life exhaustively to his family.

It felt like this meeting is just a formality as they have accepted me as his wife even before meeting me, the tiniest hope that I had that his family not approving me is also crushed now, they liked me, even Rudra's younger brother was kind and apparently, his father is out most of the time, they didn't talk much about him and I didn't bother to ask them. The dreadful feeling of staying with him forever got chills in my body but I have nothing in my hand.

******

I choked on the water when I heard his mom saying, "Let's meet her family soon".

Rudra abruptly stood and sat beside me and started to caress my back, it looked like he is soothing me but his touch was rough like by his touch he is warning me, the glass slip away from my hands.

 I and Rudra bent to pick up the glass, taking this opportunity, he crushed my fingers with his hand and said "Don't you dare to pull a stunt" he warned me with so much anger in his eyes, I had goosebumps on my entire body, 

"I am not" I merely whispered.

I gathered the little courage I had and said, "Aunty I wish to talk with my parents first and then like to involve families please" I was anxious I couldn't look up when I spoke.

"Yes Myra, as you wish, why are you so worried to ask for this?" she questioned.

"I thought it might upset you all", I said.

"You are such a sweet person, anything you do or say cannot upset anyone" she replied lovingly.

 "Wait, I'll just come" with that she left taking Rudra's younger brother with her, leaving us alone.

As soon as they disappeared from my sight, I felt a strong grip on my waist he pulled me closer and he yelled "Did you just said no to my mother, you don't want my family to meet yours?" 

With every word, I could feel his nails dug into my waist painfully and his eyes got angrier, I whimpered and said "no... I just wanted to convey personally...this would be too much fo..r my family, I swear I am not pulling any stunt, please it hurts" I choked a cry.