Prologue

Another day; another day of the inevitable boring school. Like any typical classrooms, our classroom is filled with indistinct chatterings.

Not until our adviser went in, instantly, the quietness became deafening. But she wasn't alone, along with her was an unfamiliar girl. Probably the transferee our adviser was pertaining to the last time she was with us.

"Hello everyone! I'm Alliza.", The transferee introduced herself, looking around with a greeting smile.

"Hey, Josh.", Dokyeom, my seatmate, leaned forward and whispered to Joshua who's seated infront of him.

"Why?", Joshua whispered back but didn't bother looking back.

"You think she's pretty?", My eyes immediately tend to Joshua, anticipating for what his reaction could be. I couldn't blame myself for being nosy at all, if Dokyeom wasn't my seatmate and our chairs not being so close, I wouldn't even hear anything about their conversation.

Joshua looked back at Dokyeom, not having much of a reaction. Yet in split seconds, he gently chuckled.

'Stop acting like you care! Stop acting like you care!!', I screamed inside my head, reminding myself to not get in any sort of trouble. I looked elsewhere, pursing my lips as I shut my eyes close.

"Cute..", In an instant, my eyes shot open hearing that single word from Joshua. But when I got to look back at him, he was already back facing north.

Who was he referring to? The transferee?

"Hey, Dk!", I whisper-shouted at Dokyeom and he faced me with a confused facial expression.

Should I ask him? He's the one whom Joshua was talking to from the start, he must know, right?

But, what if he'll misunderstood? What if he'll jump into conclusions?

Not having much of a choice for myself, I took the risk to ask. "Who did Joshua.. call... uhm...", He blinked his eyes, waiting for me to tell, but I frowned, still contemplating if I should really ask him about this minor thing.

"Call what?"

"Cute..?", I trailed my words, but I was immediately hit with realization and an instant regret. I bit my lower lip and inwardly cursed at myself.

"I don't really know...", He looked up furrowing his brows as he trusted out his lower lip, probably recalling how their conversation went.

What do I even expect?

I sighed, looking downcast and just let him think for how long he wants, but I still do appreciate the effort though.

Dokyeom is kind they say, well, as for me, I do think the same. I don't know much about him but they also say he's innocent, humble and everything nice, but the only thing is, he's sometimes slow. Slow at getting some things, most especially in jokes, it would take him a long time  to get it.

"Ah!", My eyes rounded as I tend my attention to him when he out of a sudden exclaimed, but after probably realizing that our adviser was still there infront, he covered his mouth.

I placed my index finger over my lips, indicating that he should lower his voice, mostly for the reason so Joshua wouldn't hear our talk.

He quietly chuckled and leaned a little to me and started to whisper, "Well, when he said cute, he was looking there at the side.", He pointed the window just beside us.

The window's cute? It still looks the same though.

"But why'd you ask though? And now that I have come to think of it, this is the first time you've asked me something."