Chapter 19

I happen to like my bestfriend. Looking at him outside from my window, I questioned myself if it's really alright to have such feelings for him.

Everyone has that moment when they feel like everything went slow, and for me, right now was that moment. I wished for the time to stop just so I could vividly remember everything for the rest of my life, but slowing it down wasn't that bad, atleast he wasn't moving, I got to see him alone and he was looking at me as well.

You know that feeling when you've concluded that you have moved on from someone, but whenever you see a tiny glimpse of that someone, all those feelings you had for him ever since day one voluntarily comes back. Yeah, that crap happens.

I rose up from my seat and walked towards the door, but before I turned the knob, I first took a deep breath. He's just waiting outside, and I admit, like the times that I'd get so nervous if he's suddenly around, it's happening at this very moment.

I opened the door and went downstairs to see my Mom watching the television.

"Joshua's outside, Mom... he just came to give me my  bag back that I left at his room.", I said as I walked past infront her to get to the front door.

"Alright. Tell him I said hi, and also don't forget what we talked about earlier at dinner.", My Mom said and when I looked back to see her, her eyes were still glued on the TV.

I just wheezed as I opened the door and went outside, to be welcomed by a Joshua Hong.

"Hi!", He greeted and smiled even wider, that one type of smile where his teeth are showing and you just have to calm yourself because you might faint; that type of smile.

"Hey!", I went closer to where he was. It's quite beneficial to have your crush to be also your bestfriend because you just can't easily get awkward or something like getting nervous when you talk to them.

"Out of all the things you could leave, it really has to be your bag?", He jokingly said as he brought up my bag for me to get it.

"I'm not Ms. Perfect, what do you expect?", I grabbed my bag and just placed it beside my legs, hanging it on my fingers.

"Having a memory doesn't require anyone to be perfect.", I just chuckled.

"Well, my memory isn't perfect too."

"You know what, you should try to be rational sometimes."

"Tell that to yourself. Juliet? Just because I'm above you, I'm already Juliet? Who's Romeo then?", I wheezed before chuckling. Our conversation may sound so nonsensical, but nonsense can be a whole new level of fun.

"The one outside your window. The one who called you Juliet."

My breathing hitched as he finished his phrases. It, coming from him made it sound weird yet it's making me feel things that I find unknown.

Why did he even say such? I'm certain he doesn't mean it.. but why? Why does he have to confuse me in a sort of way.

I faked a laugh. "Yeah, very funny.", I don't want to put some other meanings to his words, and so, I acted oblivious. I didn't want to assume things at the very least.

"How did you go home by the way?", He asked in a bit of an uninterested tone. Why would he even bother asking if he's going to be this grumpy?

I furrowed my brows at him. "Tss.. as far as I remember, you're the one who texted me that my Dad will come pick me up."

"What if uncle didn't? What if you went home by yourself?'", his voice went even higher with every word that I couldn't help but frown more. He's gentle he said, but why is he contradicting to his character?