Chapter 23

Dragging someone into my loons has never occurred to me nor it even crossed my mind, ever, but unforseen, it became a choice. A volition I did so easily.

I dragged Dokyeom, my classmate, my seatmate and I'm not sure what our others connection are to this steak out that automatically came to my mind the moment I comprehended that Alliza will really ask Joshua out tonight and my curiosity won't be in peace unless I won't see it for myself.

I do kind of regret recklessly asking Dokyeom to come with me, but on the side note, I would regret it more if I won't do anything.

So here I am, actually doing something so shameless. I would seriously regret this nonsense of mine at some point of my life, I just know.

"So what are we staking out for?", Dokyeom asked as we walked through the sidewalk. It has been about five minutes ever since we arrived here and since then, we started to walk even though he has no idea why, he's just following me.

From asking him here to following me around, he has been kindly doing that and I admit, I'm guilty everytime I get to look at his face.

"About that... I just wanted to see a new place here downtown.."

I can't actually tell him my true reason. I lied to him when he asked me about liking Joshua and he knows that Alliza likes Joshua, therefore, if he knows that I was telling him lies, he'll probably think of me as someone filthy. We both know that one likes another, for this reason, I don't have any room in between.

"Ohh, really? Where is it?", I could tell from his voice that he was slightly excited. And hearing so, he's unintentionally making me feel like a bad person.

If only I told him the truth that day, I'll only have one problem now, and that is to know whatever is happening between Joshua and Alliza.

"Somewhere.. I'll—uh—I'll tell you when we get there.", I briefly faced him and smiled but my eyes were straying, I didn't want to make eye contact to the very least, what if he'll get to easily read my face and tell that I was lying.

"Then why did you call this a steak out? Are you banned there or something?", I instantly looked at him and shook my head.

"No, of course not. It's just that... that.. it's more fun saying it's a steak out. Uhm.. yeah..!", I awkwardly laughed. At this rate, are any of the words that I'm saying still makes sense? Even I doubt myself.

"That's cool. But, are you really sure we're not following anyone?", My eyes rounded. He told my reason in the easiest way and calmest he could that he didn't even look bothered, he just looked like he was plainly asking.

"H—Huh? No, no.. why would we even follow someone?"

"You know, people call it a steak out because they'll follow someone so I've been thinking since earlier that you wanted to stalk someone."

My brows knotted. "S—Stalk?!"

He pressed his lips together and wandered his eyes around for a short while, and when our eyes met again, he opened his lips. "Well, in the nicest way you could possibly... I mean, people don't just intend harm when they stalk, right?"

He's seriously putting me in a corner, that for most times, I'm wordless. I feel so exposed right now, I feel like he knows everything but at the same time, he doesn't which really just spins my mind.

"I don't know, okay? And I'm a hundred percent positive that we're not following nor stalking anyone. So, let's just head on, shall we?", I turned my attention infront and again took paces. If we continue this conversation, I might probably end up spilling everything.